navigation

Wednesday 29 September 2021

September - The Love List



September is nearly at its end and it's time, once again, to talk through all of my beauty favourites! I have a lot of products to talk through this month - I've tried a lot of new things these last few weeks - so think we better get straight into it...


BPERFECT X STACEY MARIE CARNIVAL THE ANTIDOTE PALETTE - I obviously had to pick up the brand new Carnival Palette this year. Last years Love Tahiti was probably my favourite so far and though as soon as I heard this year's edition was to be a little more on the neutral and parred-back side I knew I perhaps wouldn't be as obsessed, I was still very interested in giving it a go. I love the BPerfect formula and to be honest, once the palette was fully revealed and I had a proper close-up look, it's actually a lot more colourful than I was worried it wouldn't be. You have your first third that's full of warm-tones and fiery shades, the middle third which is very neutral and mauvey-pink and then the final third that's packed full of grungy greens. So far, I really like it! The formula of the mattes is just as brilliant as I've come to expect from the Carnivals - pigmented, blendable and not too dusty - and in terms of the shimmers, it's perhaps even better. Usually the shimmers aren't the strong suit of the Carnivals, but these shimmers are the most creamy, intense and reflective I've seen so far! And though the colour scheme isn't my favourite of the bunch (I love my rainbow brights), as I mentioned this colour story is actually a lot more varied and versatile than it may first appear. You can create your neutral, soft glam looks, but you can also experiment with some rich, grungy colour and I love that! So all in all, I really pleased to have this in my collection and know I'll carry on getting a lot of use out it, whether alone, or even used in conjunction with the other Carnivals - cause I think that could be a pretty good combo...

L'OREAL GLITTER FEVER GLITTER LINER - I picked this up after seeing MakeMeUpMissa raving about it and using it in one of her recent tutorials. It's super cheap (like less around £3 type cheap) on Amazon so I quickly ordered one to try and I really like it! I actually used it in a recreation of the same look Missa used it for and loved the effect it gave. A clear, holographic, iridescent liner that sparkles so many colours and catches the light so beautifully - what's not to love? I used this as a glitter topper on top of eyeshadow to add extra sparkle and it did exactly that - plus is stayed in place all day with making my shadow crease or crack and it didn't flake off throughout the day either...

MAYBELLINE FALSIES LASH LIFT MASCARA - I used to really enjoy this mascara and so when I was in need of a new one recently, I picked up a fresh tube of this to use again and I've remembered just why I liked it so much! Maybelline in general make some of the best mascaras out there and this one is certainly no exception. The hourglass wand helps add lots of length, volume and curl to my lashes - making them look super fluttery and lifted, just as the name would suggest! It adds a nice amount of thickness to the lashes, whilst still fanning them out perfectly and allowing no clumps to be seen. The formula's not waterproof, but it doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day - all in all, what's not to love?

FENTY STUNNA LIP PAINTS IN 'UNCENSORED' AND 'UNLOCKED' - I've always wanted to try these liquid lipsticks from Fenty but of course, the price put me off for a while. At about £20 each, they're certainly on the pricier side so I knew if I ever was to take the plunge, it'd have to be when a good sale was on. So, a few weeks ago, when I spotted them on a pretty good deal - I finally decided I couldn't pass up on them anymore! I picked up the two colours I always lusted after the most - 'Uncensored', a true red and 'Unlocked', a bright, raspberry pink - and so far, I am definitely not regretting my purchase. Both shades apply super easily (the weird-shaped, round doe foot actually makes for a really precise application), are opaque in one coat and dry down to a fully matte finish that's locked into place, but still comfortable and looks really smooth on the lips. I find them both to wear really well, not moving around throughout the day at all and only ever needing a little touch-up in the very centre of the lips after eating or drinking and even then, it's barely noticeable. I'm so happy to have finally added these into my collection! Some of the nicest liquid lips I've tried...

FENTY MATTEMOISELLE MATTE LIPSTICKS - While I was adding those two liquid lipsticks to my basket on Boots, I remembered there was a shade of Fenty's matte bullet lipsticks that everyone's been raving about and decided to at last give a whirl too - 'Pumpkin Rose'. It's such a gorgeous, unique mustardy-orangey-brown that at first I was like 'definitely not' but over time really appealed to me and I wanted to try it for myself. On sale it was a pretty good deal and whilst I was there, I spotted a couple of the other shades that I fancied giving a go. I've used 'Pumpkin Rose' plus a couple of the other shades and so far, really like them! Formula-wise, these are really comfortable matte bullet lippies that give you that shine-free finish but without the dry look or feel. They're fully pigmented in one layer and though not a liquid lipstick that sets down, they don't transfer or smudge throughout the day. Winner!

BARRY M GELLY HI SHINE NAIL PAINTS IN 'CHAI' AND 'APRICOT TART' - Finally - I have a couple of nail polishes to talk about! Barry M are one of my fave brands when it comes to nail lacquers and this past month I've been especially loving one older colour from their line that I've only just tried myself and also one of their new range! 'Chai' is a stunning true grey. I've always wanted to try grey nails but have never took the plunge, until now and I'm really pleased with this one! I also recently picked up some of Barry M's new Autumn/Winter '21 Collection and so far, have only got round to trying this first shade, 'Apricot Tart' - and it's become another new fave! A gorgeous, orangey-mustardy brown (kinda similar to the shade 'Pumpkin Rose' that I've been loving from the Fenty Mattemoiselle lippies!). Stayed tuned for next month when no doubt some of the other new shades will be making an appearance...

So there we have it - all of my beauty favourites from the month of September! Don't forget to let me know in the comments what you've been enjoying this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS