navigation

Friday 10 April 2015

25 Small Things That Make Me Happy #AllMonthApril


Sometimes it's all to easy to just focus solely on the big things - whether they be good, bad, dreams, worries. Sometimes we all need to take a step back and get things back into perspective. Combine that with my well-documented love for a good list and that is exactly why for today's post I'm breaking slightly from the usual sort of posts round here to bring you twenty-five small things that make me happy. They're not in any certain order and they're not particularly materialistic-type things that usually make their way onto these parts - that's not to say they don't make me happy, I think we can all agree they do - but for now I just want to focus on the smaller things that in most cases do not cost a thing but make all the difference in tougher times and will always be guaranteed to put a smile on my face...
 
  1. Ditsy floral prints. Obvs.
  2. A plate of my Mum's home cooking. Or any food for that matter.
  3. My bed. 'Nuff said.
  4. ...and managing to wake up just before my alarm goes off and I have to get out of it. It's always so much better naturally waking up.
  5. Having a really productive day.
  6. Laughing so hard I almost end up crying/ *whispers* having a little wee
  7. Managing to make my phone battery last all day - a darn hard task sometimes.
  8. Pamper nights where I basically spend an hour in the bathroom and emerge all preened and pampered.
  9. Miranda - as in the TV show. Probably my favourite show ever and it still makes me laugh even though I've seen each episode hundreds of times.
  10. Painting my nails and managing to not make too much of a mess.
  11. Listening to Girls Aloud and feeling like it's 2006 again.
  12. My YouTube subscription box when it's full of really good videos. Usually Sundays when pretty much everyone I subscribe to uploads.
  13. Big family gatherings.
  14. Finding new blogs that I instantly fall in love with and want to read every post on there.
  15. Having a really successful day diet/fitness-wise.
  16. Being inside all cosy when the weather's super-horrible outside - especially at night time.
  17. Catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while.
  18. Good hair and makeup days.
  19. Ticking everything off a to-do list. The classic 'instant happy'.
  20. Looking at old photos/listening to old songs and instantly feeling full of happy memories of that time.
  21. Watching my niece and nephew run around with huge smiles on their faces.
  22. Alone time - sometimes there's nothing better than your own company.
  23. Putting together a darn good outfit.
  24. Taking my contacts out at the end of a long day.
  25. Writing this blog of course!

What small things in life make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS