navigation

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Empties #5 #AllMonthApril


It's time for another Empties post (again, I know). If you're a regular round here or simply around any beauty blogs out there - you'll most likely already know what this is all about. If not - I'm simply going to give you a rundown on all the beauty bumf I've used up to their last drop, with mini-reviews along the way. You can find all my previous ones here if you fancy a quick read through. Ready? Let's do this thing...

First off, as always, let's get out the way all the things I've shown you before in an Empties post as you'll probably not want to hear another mass rave again. I have The Tesco Double Faced Cotton Pads, that I think I've featured in every single Empties post I've done so far - I just love 'em. To be used alongside those I have the Garnier Micellar Water that, as being featured in my last Empties post, I must go through like actual water too. A perfect dupe for the classic Bioderma, this gets your makeup off in no time and no hassle or irritation either. Finally, I have another tube of my fail-safe concealer - Collection's Lasting Perfection. You know the deal by now with this stuff - just the right consistency to cover blemishes, redness and to a certain extent it works just fine under the eyes too. Now, moving onto new products I've recently finished up...

Tesco Round Cotton Pads - More cotton pads, I know. These I use more for nail polish removal than taking off my makeup as they're smaller and can wrap round your nails much easier. They do the job so all in all I'm a happy bunny and I've already got some more ready to start up using.

Dolce & Gabbana 'Dolce' Eau de Parfum - As a 'younger' girl (hittin' the big one-eight next month, woop) this was in fact the first bottle of perfume I ever bought and it's gone on to be a firm favourite of mine. I know some may say you can't technically class something as a 'favourite' if it's the only one you've tried but I really doubt I'll be moving on from this scent anytime soon. I've already started on another which my parents kindly got me for Christmas and I still absolutely love it. It's one of those fragrances that's really hard to pinpoint as it's not particularly floral-y nor super sweet - the only way I can really describe it as being a very 'classic' scent if that makes any sense at all. It goes with everything and I can imagine myself always going back to this if I do ever decide to try something new.

Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' Shampoo - Now this is a real proper favourite of mine. Having quite dry hair, especially over the last year as I've started having blonde gradually put in here there and everywhere, I like to use hair products catered towards those needing more hydration in their locks. I've used this for a couple of years now I think and I find it's one of those shampoos that is perfect for using alone, without conditioner, as it's so moisturising in itself sometimes I don't find I need to use any afterwards. The smell is also amazing and it comes out bright blue - what more could you want, eh?

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - You'll know this base fairly well if you've been reading up round here in recent months - I've lost count of how many times I've mentioned it. If you've already seen those posts you'll know of the lowdown, but if not I'll try and summarise as briefly as I can, maybe. This has fast become my top foundation. It applies evenly and while having decent coverage, almost looks as if you're not wearing anything at all - just a slightly-more-perfected version of your skin. The finish sits just right between 'dewy' and 'matte' - just enough of each to look 'skin-like' and it hangs around right till it's time to take it off at the end of the day. I'm already working my way through my second bottle. Love, love, love.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - I've mentioned this concealer round these parts at many points before too, and while I may not have been such an avid user of it in recent times, I do still enjoy using it, particularly on the under-eye area. As the name would imply, this is a more illuminating formula than the likes of Collection's offering more catered towards use on the rest of the face. While Rimmel do claim it to be 'full coverage', I'd say it's more of a lightweight, sheer texture and so works especially well under your peepers.

Urban Decay Travel Primer Potion - I talked about this little'un only a couple of days ago, and so I really will try and spare the extra-rave for this one - promise. Before this, I was having so many issues with the application and longevity of my eyeshadow. Then I started using this and that all changed - the creasing, fading - all gone. I cannot imagine not using this now and so it's no surprise that I've already got another one on the go that I've had backed-up since around the end of last year - travel-size notably, as it's much easier on the purse and still lasted me ages.

Soap and Glory Thick And Fast Super Volume Mascara - Finally, another eye-makeup related empty - and who doesn't love a good ramble about mascara? This came part of Soap and Glory's giant Christmas set I was very kindly bought and I was eager to give it a go asap. It was a bit of a weird one, to be honest. Starting off, I hated it. The formula was way too 'liquidy' and so I found it to be a very messy application and my lashes simply did not like it and basically clumped together to form one giant lash - it was not a pretty sight. But I persevered (why, I don't know, but I did) and before I knew it, things started looking much better. I suppose as the mascara dried out, so did the formula and so both the application and finished result were much better. There was much more length going on, and my lashes were separated again (phew), but there was still the volume there that the mascara did manage to achieve on the first few go's. I liked it (eventually), but would I buy it again? For the hassle of having to dry it up - probably not.

And there are all the empty products I've finished right up recently! Mostly raves, one not so - but mostly ones you can probably bet on cropping up in a future Empties post in the not-so-distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS