navigation

Friday 3 April 2015

New From Real Techniques #AllMonthApril


From left to right: Sculpting Brush, Fan Brush, Setting Brush
Continuing on from yesterday's haul-themed makeup post, today I'm talking an addition to my makeup toolkit. If you're a regular reader you'll know I'm a Real Techniques gal through and through when it comes to my brush collection. I own far too many and use them religiously. Despite being at the lower end of the price scale, these compare really well to their higher end counterparts, applying make up flawlessly and washing up good as new every week whenever I can be bothered to actually wash them. So when I spotted one of their new releases - the Sculpting Set - I knew it had to be added to my ever-growing stash.

The gals behind the brand - Pixiwoo - have added two new brushes to their original line - the Concealer Brush and the Sculpting Brush. The latter has also been made available in a collector's limited edition Sculpting Set, along with a set exclusive - the Fan Brush - and one already available sold alone and one I've already got and love - the Setting Brush. My love of Real Techniques original line combined with my love for contouring products/applicators only meant one thing - this set was mentally added to my shopping list. But it was only when seeing a tweet a few days ago that I was reminded and so headed straight on over to Superdrug to place an order. I managed to get a really good deal and a few days later - it arrived.
 
On first impression (I'm yet to actually give any of these a go, aside from the Setting Brush of course) these brushes are packaged up in a standard Real Techniques affair, with everything secure, well-placed and easy to remove and get to grips with straight away. The colour scheme follows the usual branding - orange for base, purple for eyes, pink for finish - and so these three fit into the latter and come in a striking metallic pink, something I noticed was slightly different from the usual more matte look of the other 'Finish' brushes I own. The brushes themselves look very promising. Of course I know and love the Setting Brush, and the other two look to be no different. The new Sculpting Brush is short, quite chunky and also angled so you can really get into the crevices (hate that word) of your face and chisel out them cheekbones, temples and jawline. The Fan Brush looks interesting and a type of brush I've always looked into getting but never actually got round to. I can imagine this to work well at applying highlighter on any high points of the face and also generally tidying things up and sweeping off any excess product. As is expected from Real Techniques these brushes are super-soft and of high quality and I am already looking forward to giving them a proper testing out.
 
So, have I enabled anyone yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS