navigation

Thursday 2 April 2015

Collective Haul - New To My Makeup Bag #AllMonthApril


Recently I've been doing many a little perusal of the standard beauty haunts (Boots, Superdrug) and also online and been gradually picking up a few bits and bobs in the process. As usual with these types of situations, I figured it's rude not to share with you lot just what's been making its way into my basket and into my stash...

I picked up a new shade of the Rimmel Salon Pro nail polish range, which you'll know by know that I love - this time round I picked up the shade 'Hip Hop'. I mentioned this in my March Loves and Lusts post, so have already given this one a whirl and love it. The shade's kinda the perfect mix of pink, red and orange - producing a colour that just flatters the nails beautifully and really perks everything up for the Spring(ish) weather. As is the norm for this range, the brush makes application easy-peasy, the gel-like formula adds a real glossy finish to the nails and the longevity is pretty good too. I believe there was a Rimmel offer on at the time as I also in the same trip picked up a new bottle of my Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation, which you'll know by now that I love.
 
I also wanted to get another tube of my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, though annoyingly that time my local had no tubes in my shade apart from the tester - boo. Although, ever cloud and all that, cause it gave me the chance to pick up a different concealer for a change - I know, wild. I'd heard only a few das before a post from another blogger raving about the Seventeen Stay Time concealer and how for her it's actually better than Collection's offering. I remembered this there and then so headed straight for the Seventeen counter to pick a tube of the lightest shade up. I'm yet to try this as my old bottle of Lasting Perfection is still for now going strong, but rest assured once it does give up the ghost I'll be giving this newbie a thorough trialling and reporting back on my findings! Seventeen also were on offer (I swear Boots just spend my money for me sometimes) so I picked up a slightly different purchase to my norm as it was set to work out as a freebie so I didn't really have anything to lose. I picked up one of their Eye Kohl's - in the shade 'Plum'. I know - a purple eyeliner. Am I mad? Maybe, but I really like the idea of incorporating some subtle colour into your look in this way and as it's only purple and quite a deep one at that, it shouldn't be too crazy once on *fingers crossed*.

Recently in another trip, when my mascara had started to seriously dry out and I knew a purchase of another was needed, I finally picked up a tube of the new Maybelline Lash Sensational. I mentioned this in my January Loves and Lusts post in the 'Lusts' section as one for my current wishlist, and finally it is in my hands. I've already given this a few tries and already can safely say that I. Love. It. I've always been one for a Maybelline mascara - the Falsies has to be up their with my faves of all time and the Rocket is pretty good too - and this has been no different. I perhaps wasn't expecting to be as lucky this time, but I am so impressed. My lashes look big, voluminous and long; all without things getting clumpy. I was left with a set that looked almost fake but in a 'still could be natural' way and after only one coat I was pretty much done. I'm considering putting up a full review sometime soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Alongside another of my top brow tenders - the L'Oreal Brow Artiste - I also picked up another newbie from Collection's new Field Day range for Spring. This completed the 3 for 2 which had just started up on the day of this trip (If that ain't good timing I don't know what is) and also allowed me to sample something from this new range which on first glance looks quite good. Two eyeshadow pencils, three polishes and three lipsticks all wonderfully Spring-appropriate, I picked up one of the lipsticks in the shade 'Tulip' - a gorgeous pinky coral. While I love the shade, I gave this a go a few days ago and I have to say, I'm not feeling it. The finish is quite matte surprisingly considering the theme and once applied I found this to leave a very unflattering, powdery finish to the lips that clung to any cracks and dry patches it could find. A shame as the colour is a beaut, and I might give this another whirl soon to see if things may work out differently.

What have you been picking up recently beauty-wise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS