navigation

Thursday 16 April 2015

The MAC Lipstick Wishlist #AllMonthApril

Remember this post I did a couple of months ago when I talked through the eyeshadows from MAC that I'm kinda lusting after right now? Well today I'm dropping in again, this time round discussing what lipsticks from their range are currently sitting on the top of my wishlist. Ready for round two? Here goes...

  • Patisserie - This has to be one of the most talked about MAC lippies of all time. One of their classic nude shades, Patisserie is a much loved one by bloggers alike from Anna to Lily and every time it pops up on their blogs or in their videos the pang I get to go and make a purchase intensifies. This looks to be the perfect nude, with it offering a mix of pretty much every shade you can ever look for - beige, pink, peach - a proper MLBB jobby.
  • Angel - Another more neutral shade, this time with pinkier undertones and from what I can see from swatches, a more bubblegum-type effect - however its slight dusky tones (hopefully) guarantee avoiding the dreaded 'concealer lips' *shudders*. I can imagine this looking lovely paired with more statement eyes or something more stripped back but still with a slight rosey hue.
  • Syrup - Another well-loved recommendation from Miss Pebbles and this looks to be an interesting one. Once again a neutral shade, but this time one with more of a purpley-base. I don't own anything like this and don't really see too many lipsticks around that have this kind of 'muted-berry-nude' feel to them either, so I feel that may just justify me picking this up one day. 
  • Girl About Town - I've googled many swatches and when the results for this shade came up I may just have let out a little squeal - not gonna lie. This just looks to be my perfect pink shade - a rich, hot pink with a slight red undertone - and one that I've heard is said to be universally flattering on pretty much anyone and everyone.
  • Peach Blossom - Another nude (I promise they are all noticeably different, I think). This one, as the name would suggest, pulls more peach tones than the others while still classifying as a perfect MLBB number. Once again from swatches this looks to be a nude that's 'nude' without being pale 'n' pasty without going too far the other way and looking as if my lips are just plain dirty (ew).
  • Impassioned - Similar to Girl About Town, this time the main distinction being the fact this one appears a tad brighter and verging on the 'neon' side of things. It also seems to have more of an orange base rather than red - giving it that whole coral undertone perfect for Spring/Summer (side note: who else has been loving the warmer weather recently? Days like this all year please!).
  • Plumful - From a more sunnier lipstick companion to a more cooler one. If I was to make a purchase I'd probably delay this one for a good few months, but this I can imagine to look just lovely in the Autumn/Winter. This is a (you've guessed it) pretty plum shade but one that I feel I could actually pull off quite easily as it doesn't veer on being too dark. Unlike some others such as Rebel etc. this I can imagine to be very easy to wear because it sits somewhere in the middle and also could probably be dialled up or down pigment-wise depending on how you apply it (heavy from the bullet or dabbed and rubbed into the lips to leave more of a stain).
  • Chatterbox - Another pink (surprise, surprise). This one though, seems to sit somewhere in-between shades such as Angel and my other darker lusts - Impassioned and GAT. Not so pale as to be classified as a 'pinky nude' but just one notch up from that - a mid-pink that still has the brightness without being too 'in yer face'. I feel shades like this can be really essential in your collection for days when you don't want something super neutral or super bright but still want something to lift your makeup and give a tint to the lips.
  • Please Me - The final rosey-hued lipstick in my wishlist (promise). This one is very similar to Chatterbox - being a mid-toned pink - with the main difference being that this shade has a completely matte finish. It also doesn't seem to have such a brighteness to it, with swatches showing it to have more dusky tones. In short - Chatterbox's more matte, more neutral sister.
  • Ruby Woo - Once again another MAC classic. When someone speaks of red lips, they usually mention this lipstick too. I know others are also popular - Russian Red, Lady Danger etc. - but this one caught my eye especially because it appears such a 'true' red shade compared to the others and with a kickass super matte formula to boot too. What's not to love?
 
As I said in my other MAC wishlist post, I'm hoping to venture into MAC for the first time ever sometime very soon so as well as these posts (hopefully) being interesting/useful for you lot, they've also been quite a help to myself as well in deciding just what I'm actually lusting after for when that day does eventually come. Does anyone have any other recommendations lipstick-wise? What would you say your favourite MAC lippie is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS