navigation

Friday 1 May 2015

Brands I'd Love To Try

 
Despite being the beauty addict I am, there still seems to be areas of the sea of products I'm yet to fully explore, or even stick my little toe in. Brand-wise, I like to stick with what and who I know. Being someone only just starting to look more at higher-end makeup, I'm a drugstore gal at heart and so have sampled a lot over the years. Yet I also always seem to go back time and time again to the same brands within the depths of Boots and Superdrug, so that leaves me with a bit of a conundrum. I've got an ever-growing list of luxe brands, and a few from the drugstore that have been on my 'to try' list for a while - so here I'm cobbling them all together into one post to tell you lot all about what brands are sitting at the top...

(Disclaimer: Just to be clear, these are all brands I've tried absolutely nothing from. Of course there are others that I may like to try more from, but I've still sampled at least something from their line-up so I'm not including those in this list).

Essie - I'm a nail polish addict and so there was always gonna be some form of brand relating back to the stuff in here, wasn't there? Essie have to be up there with the most recognisable nail brands in the British drugstore, with perhaps my most-favourite, Barry M. While they may not offer as many varying effects and finishes as the latter, they do offer a wide colour range with almost every single shade you could imagine from the spectrum. Some personal top picks to give a go have to be 'Mint Candy Apple' (anyone else remember the hysterias surrounding this a few years ago?) and 'Maximillian Strasse-Her' (a long-time favourite of Lily Pebbles and more recently, Anna, too).

Sleek - Another drugstore favourite in the beauty community, this time more  specifically for base products. I'm sure most of you are aware of the brand's hugely hyped-up individual blushers and complete cheek kit, and many would've already given them a test too. I'm hoping to be one of those people soon - as you can never have too many products for your cheeks, right? 

Topshop Beauty - Did you know Topshop's Beauty range has now been around for five whole years? I read that in a post the other day and was completely amazed, as it feels like they've only been in the market beauty-wise for not that long at all. I could list tons of products I've been eyeing up over the years, from their lip pencils to their liquid liners and even their cheek offerings look promising. But if I had to choose just one counter I'm always circling round in my local branch - it'd have to be their nail colours that interest me the most as a newbie to their collection. There's one glitter colour that always seems to catch my eye every time I go in there and I may just have to cave in at some point and pick it up...

Kiko - A brand mainly recommended to me by Lily, as she seems to utilise at least one of their products in a blog post or video of hers all the time nowadays. First their single eyeshadows, then lip products and a seemingly one-size-fits all foundation and now shadow sticks - with a beautiful cobalt blue shade showcased in her recent Monthly Makeup Routine. Of course there's been many a heads-up from other bloggers and vloggers too in the past year as the brand has continued to blow up in popularity and I really want a piece of the action...

Zoeva - I'm a proper Real Techniques gal at heart when it comes to my brushes and I will forever see them as the best ones to come out at a drugstore price point, but I can't help but be intrigued by the ones offered by Zoeva. With a lower price range and a wide variety for face, eyes and lips - just like my beloved RTs - and they've got ones with rose gold on. I'm sold

MAC - How can I not mention MAC in this post, eh? If you've already seen my two wishlists specifically centred on this brand you'll know of just some of my top picks on what I'm lusting after - both eyeshadow and lipstick-wise. But while they may be the two areas I'm personally most interested in, I could easily write a whole other post just on some of the other things I'd pick up if I had the chance as they really do offer something from almost every category that I've heard good things about. The match-made base products, the powders, the lip liners - I could go on.

Bumble and Bumble - Moving more onto the haircare side of things, this brand has to be one of the most talked-about when it comes to washing and treating your locks. It's a favourite of Lily and Anna again, along with many others - and only a few days ago I saw Suzie mention their 'Invisible Oil' Range as a good one for getting that 'second day hair' on the first day wash - something I am forever trying (and usually failing) to rock. Yes, it may be slightly more expensive than what I'd usually look at paying for my tresses, but I do notice that it's one of those higher-end brands that's available in the Mothership (a.k.a. Boots), so I suppose I better get saving those Advantage Card points up...

Charlotte Tilbury - Another completely swoon-worthy brand. Is it bad that my first thought when typing this brand into this post was the b.e.a.utiful packaging that adorns every item it sells? Sure, I've heard many a rave review over time about the Filmstar Bronze and Glow, Lip Cheats and Eyeshadow Quads to name but a few, however I can't be the only one majorly swayed by the pretty rose-gold incasing? Mmmm.

By Terry - Technically there is only really one product I want to give  try at the moment from By Terry's line-up and I think you can probably already guess what it is. Yes, yes - the Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow Sticks. Another blogger going on about these, but really - the amount of rave reviews I've heard on the grapevine about varying shades of these things must surely mean they're something worth looking into? I love a good cream eyeshadow, and even more so when in a handy stick form meaning you can do an all-over wash of colour or simply concentrate it more at the lashline, and these are supposedly the best in the market.

NARS - A final higher-end brand and another constantly featured here there 'n' everywhere in various posts and videos. The Sheer Glow Foundation seems a firm fave of pretty much everyone who's tried it and their Velvet and Matte Lip Pencils offer a finish and shade for all tastes. Also, how can I not mention their cheek products? Yes, their blushers may primarily intrigue me based on their ever-so-slightly rude names - but it's also granted I give a nod to probably their most recognisable offering in the cheek arena - the Laguna Bronzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS