navigation

Monday 4 May 2015

Shopping My Stash


I have rather a large makeup collection. I admit it. Over the years, it's grown at a rather alarming rate from something I can neatly fit into one small cosmetics bag to a collection far more easily hoarded in a plastic storage cabinet from MUJI. Of course with this issue comes the problem of things rather too easily getting forgotten about in the depths of drawers as I discover new items and other get pushed to a side. With this thought ringing in my head recently the other day, I decided to put together this post - 'Shopping My Stash'. I'm sure if you're an avid beauty blog reader you'll already know just what I'm getting at here, but if not - these types of posts typically depict the aftermath of a rummage through your makeup collection. Rather than going out and literally 'shopping', this time round I'm 'shopping' what I've already got and discovering new items from the comfort of my own bedroom. Let's go...

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder and Highlighter - You lot probably know by now of my profound love for Soap and Glory's Solar Powder Bronzer. Having discovered it sometime back in January, it's basically all I've worn bronzer-wise since. But of course in terms of the rest of my stash - this causes a few issues. I've had this famous Bourjois one stashed away for sometime now and it's virtually remained untouched. Having given it a few go's back when it first entered my collection - I like it and given it's combined in a set with a highlighter too, it makes for a sure handy duo. The bronzer is nice primarily employed as a bronzer only (I don't get along with this too well on the contouring side of things) and the highlighter is a perfect shade that manages to sit just right on the colour spectrum and simply look natural - no glaringly white tones or ginormous flecks of glitter to be found here. I will be making an effort to crack this out more from now on.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - A perhaps slightly more surprisingly entry, but ever since I discovered this new fuller-coverage Rimmel concealer, I have basically only been employing that and my long-time holy grail Collection Lasting Perfection for any facial blemishes or dark circles. I do remember how much I loved the illuminating effect this gave to my under-eye area when first purchasing a tube a good few months ago though, so I will definitely be trying to gradually incorporate it back into my everyday makeup routine as of now.

Natural Collection Mono Eyeshadow in 'White Opal' - This was actually one of the two single shadows in this range that I used for my Prom makeup (nearly) two years ago - how is it that long already? Crazy. And now I don't use either very much at all - with them languishing somewhere at the back of my 'Eyeshadow' draw and frequently being completely forgotten about. It's a shame as this shade in particular is a beaut - a perfect iced white shade that just looks stunning employed as a brow bone highlight or simply placed right in the inner corner of the eye. And it's white without being that awful kind that makes you look like some kind of 90's throwback, so s'all good. Whenever I next am in need of that ideal shade for my inner corner - I will be looking in this direction.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals in 'Bronze' and 'Taupe' - When finally caving into the hype around these range of kohl liners sometime last year, I admit to going perhaps a little mad and picking up a grand total of four different shades all in one shopping trip - a classic black, nude, bronze and a taupe. While the two former shades I've got reasonably good use out of over time for varying uses, these latter two I find to never really reach for. The warm tones in the bronze and the ashy, grey undertones of the taupe make them slightly more difficult to pair together with eyeshadow combinations than your typical blacks and browns. However, I do like them both and as with the others, the formulation is gorgeous - creamy and blendable, yet sets down after application to leave a finish that does. not. budge. all day. Here's hoping I'll be able to encourage myself to actually wear them more often.

Tanya Burr Lipglosses in 'Picnic in the Park' and 'Chic' - Finally lip products - and here's two of a range hugely hyped-up in the blogging world ever since their release about a year and a half back. I have to admit, when I bought these I did doubt myself then that I would actually get my money's worth as despite them being really lovely lipglosses - creamy, not at all sticky and surprisingly well-pigmented - I tend to steer away from the area itself even if I find ones I love. I'm much more of a balm or lipstick gal than gloss, if I'm completely honest. However as I said, these are such lovely glosses it almost feels criminal not putting them to better use and so from this day onwards I'm pledging to myself to try and get my lipgloss thang on and start rockin' a glossy lip from time to time...

And that just about concludes my first-ever round of 'Shopping My Stash'! If you liked this style of post, please do let me know as I'd love to perhaps do another in this format at some point soon as like I said - I have a rather substantial collection - so picking out a few other bits 'n' bobs that I've been neglecting sure ain't gonna be too hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS