navigation

Friday 29 May 2015

May: Loves and Lusts


It's the end of the month and so that can only mean one thing round these parts - another round of my monthly favourites/wishlist hybrid, 'Loves and Lusts'! If you're new round 'ere then I'll link up my other four posts of this style I've done so far here so you can get a feel for how things work. But for now let's do May...

What I've Loved:

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in 'Red Ginger' - If you're a regular round these parts you'll most likely be pig sick of me mentioning these little beauties by now but what can I say? They are just so awesome - a gel-like finish with wide, flat brush that just makes application a dream and they usually look a-ok with only one coat or at the most two - WIN! This new addition is probably my fave so far - a stunning deep raspberry pink. I probably already own another like it shade-wise, but combined with all the above points - this comes out on top for me. If you fancy seeing it in action, I used it for my Birthday Nails in a Polish Pick post here.

Impulse Body Spray in 'Very Pink' - Now this is more of an 'old' favourite than a new discovery. Ever since I can remember I've used Impulse body sprays. I think every girl goes through that phase where they liberally coat themselves in one head to toe before they can even consider leaving the house, calling it their 'perfume'? This was most definitely me and whilst I may have for some time now moved one to the actual stuff, I still come back to these for a quick, cheaper fix. This one in particular was always my favourite and always got me the most 'you smell nice!' comments when wearing it and I picked up a new can this month and have been loving it. As like pretty much everyone, I find it hard to accurately pinpoint scents so maybe it's one to actually smell for yourself but for now let's just say it is delicious. 
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'EastEnd Snob' - May was most definitely the month of me getting properly into the whole lip liner thang. Maybe it's the whole Kylie Jenner craze - who knows - but this month I finally managed to get my hands on this much-coveted Rimmel one and can really see what the fuss is about. I think the best way to describe it is simply as a 'dark pink with the slightest hint of brown' which gives it that whole KJ feel. I've been using it either simply on the outside of my lips to subtly line them and blending it in slightly to make them look that little bit fuller or completely colouring in my whole pout with the stuff to really make my lips stand out. I've done a whole post here about my lip tips here.

Tanya Burr Individual Lashes - Another (more long-term) makeup craze that I've finally been getting my teeth into this month has gotta be false lashes - or if we're getting technical, the individual variety. After seeing a few posts about how 'newbie-friendly' they were I picked up a pack of the Tanya Burr ones that she recently released and have really been impressed. After a couple of first-time testing outs that lets just say, didn't go quite as planned, I think I've finally got the hang of it! I've done a full review here if you fancy a more in depth look. 

Maybelline Color Show Polish in 'Bouquet' - Another 'old' favourite! I actually featured this in my March Loves and Lusts back when I first discovered it and fell in love. I used it liberally, had a break and now this month I've found myself running straight back into its welcoming arms (weird?). I don't know why - maybe because I've had a lot of special events this month and have been needing a polish to add extra somethin' somethin' to my nails? I've just always been reaching for this whenever I've had to do them all fancy-shamancy and have well and truly fell back in love all over again. I've done a few posts on this little beauty, namely here, if you fancy a gander. 

Rimmel 100 Kisses Lip Liner in 'Spice' - More lip liners - see, I told you I've been having a moment with them this past month. Another from Rimmel (I really would recommend checking out their range) and this time one that perhaps doesn't fall as much into the classic KJ category, but is still as much of a beaut anyway. 'Spice', as the name would suggest, is more wam and reddy-toned than 'East End Snob', but still has that brown undertone to it that gives it a more 'neutral' finish than your classic red lip liner. I actually really enjoy using a mix of the two together - 'East End Snob' all over and 'Spice' in the outer corner to add a little more depth. 

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Polishes in 'Eat My Dust' and 'Need For Speed' - The final two nail polishes, I promise. I talked about my discovery of the new Barry M Speedy Nail Range back here when I bought one of the first collection shades and fell in love with its quick-dry formula that still somehow doesn't compromise on quality - it is opaque in two coats and on me lasted an incredible amount of time chip-free. Well, this month Barry M added a new 'Summer' collection to the range and I picked up my personal favourite, 'Need For Speed' - a perfect, in-the-middle-of-the-colour-spectrum bright purple. While I was there, and with a 'Buy One Get One Half Price' deal screaming out my name, picked up a shade from the first 'Spring' range and one which has been getting its fair share of airtime over on Anna's blog (Vivianna Does Makeup). She has just been loving 'Eat My Dust' - a pale cornflower blue - for about the past month or so and so it was inevitable that I ended up picking it up too. I tried both of them out at the same time for this post recently and let's just say I've fallen pretty hard for these two aswell.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle 'Take The Heat' Deep Conditioner - Finally in the 'Loves' section - a haircare item! A rarity round these parts, as with my troublesome locks I typically find something that does the job and then stick with it for as long as they keep on making it. This perhaps isn't so much of a new find, as you may know that I've been using and loving the classic 3 Minute Miracle formula for as long as I can remember. With hair as dry and damaged as mine, I like to try and inject some hydration into it whenever and wherever I can and this deep conditioner has always done the job of making my locks feel super smooth and smell delicious at the same time (irrelevant, but important nonetheless). However, recently I picked up this version when I knew my other one was coming to a close as fancied a change and it's actually been working really well. With all the aforementioned fancy-shamancy stuff I've been doing this month, my hair has been through the mill - with all the styling and extra products - and this has really been helping to keep it in a manageable condition. And it again smells divine.

What I'd Love To Have:

St Tropez Express Tan - £33.00 - I've never had much luck with tan of the faux variety. However, I've heard many a good thing about one of St Tropez's latest offerings so perhaps I may just invest one day...

Topshop Nail Polish in 'Blue Rinse' - £5.00 - A nail polish - surprise, surprise. This has been featured in a fair few blog posts recently since it dropped at part of Topshop's Spring collection. After eyeing up the swatches and reading the reviews and on past knowledge of how good the brands nail polishes are supposed to be (I've never actually sampled them before) - I've come to the conclusion that this pale pastel blue needs to be added to my already-extensive nail family. 

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - £13.00 - It seems nearly every makeup tutorial I watch on the 'Tube nowadays incorporates this mascara into the finished look. At first, I couldn't really see what difference it could make as opposed to simply using whatever standard mascara you use for the upper lashes for the lower ones. However, after a fair few incidents in the past where an intentional 'light layer' turned into one ridden with clumps and smudges - maybe this might solve all my problems?

MAC Soar Lip Pencil and Mehr Lipstick - £12.50 and £15.50 respectively - I've combined these together into one 'Lust' as it's more the effect these two give as one that I'm pining for. Lily Pebbles has been wearing this lip combo pretty much all month, also featuring it in her Monthly Makeup Routine video and I have just fell in love with how these two look when paired up. More products to satisfy my Kylie Jenner thing? Yes please...

Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush - £30.00 - I've been on the hunt recently for a new foundation brush to get my hands on. I mean, I still adore my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and probably always will do, but I just fancy a change - yanno? And with this brush getting it's fair share of airtime for some while now, maybe this could be my new higher-end alternative...

Urban Decay Naked Palette - £38.00 - This more than likely needs no further explanation, as I'm pretty sure everyone and their dog has heard, seen or used this. It's a classic. And it's a classic I've been lusting more and more after in recent months, and with certain bloggers and vloggers never failing to give it a mention for just how awesome it is - I may or may not just have to finally give into temptation...

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - £16.00 - Another one that's been doing the rounds on the ole' blogger sphere and YouTubes of late and for seemingly good reason as pretty much every time I see it pop up I'm amazed by the results. Lily and Zoe (Zoella) are just two blogging/vlogging gals who've given it a go and built up a fair set of lashes from a tube of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS