navigation

Friday 5 June 2015

Some New Teas To Try


You'll know if you read this post that I am a big, big fan of fruit/herbal/green teas of practically any variety I can get hold of them in. Whilst I still by no means a lover of the classic 'English Breakfast'-type blend, varieties of any of the above usually get the thumbs up from me and I am always up for discovering new flavours I'm yet to sample. So, with that in mind a couple of days ago I thought I'd pick up a few newbies to add to my ever-growing collection (I now have nearly a whole cupboard exclusively dedicated to the stuff - #TeaAddictProblems). It'd been quite a while in fact since I'd last made a tea-related purchase so of course things maybe got a little bit out of hand...
I seem to have picked up all Pukka branded teas as they've been one I've eyed up for some time now, having never given one a go before yet still hearing overly good things about some of their blends. So I picked up four - yes, four. The first two being more on the purely fruit/herbal side of things - one being the 'Womankind' tea and the other - 'Vanilla Chia'. The first is said to 'help woman balance and bloom' and so is supposed to boost vitality and just generally be used as a good 'ole pick-me-up. This is described as 'a delicate dance of organic cranberry, rose and sweet vanilla' and I actually gave this one a go first as I was super eager to try them all out and what I can say is that it very much has a resemblance to Camomile tea. After some more investigating I discovered it does in fact have some in there and whilst I cannot say it is one of my favourite ingredients in fruit/herbal tea, in this one I find the other flavours to help to almost counteract it and make it much more bearable. It has a fruity tinge to it that I love and I actually felt very relaxed after drinking it. Then we move onto the one I was personally the most excited to try out - 'Vanilla Chia'. I love anything with cinnamon in it or cinnamon-flavoured so for me this seemed like the dream tea. This is described as being a 'caffeine-free organic lift flushed with cinnamon warmth'. Despite the fact we're now approaching (or even in - are we?) Summer, I still love these types of flavours all year round and this was also one I tried pretty much as soon as possible. The smell is just gorgeous - so spicy and warm, yet not overpowering. The taste was just as lovely too, with the vanilla managing to balance out the whole spicy-ness perfectly and add a subtle sweetness to proceedings.
 
I then went over to the green side and picked up the 'Clean Green' and the 'Cool Mint Green' versions. In the last few months I have become a bit of a green tea convert and now like to start pretty much every day with a cup of the stuff. However, I'm still to actually try pure green tea without any added flavourings as I've heard not the nicest of things about the taste so for now am sticking to any I can find with a flavour alongside it to make it more drinkable. up until now I've been drinking some of the Twinings Sweet-themed ones (Salted Caramel, Gingerbread etc.) and whilst they are delicious, I wanted to pick up a couple more fresher ones that were perhaps more associated with being drunk first thing in the morning. So I went for one with added Mint (Cool Mint Green) and one with added Lemon (Clean Green) and have so far sampled the former and really enjoyed it. For me, this just tasted like ordinary peppermint but with the slightest (and I mean slightest) hint of the green stuff just lingering in the background to let you know it's definitely in there. But for me the spearmint was the overriding flavour and so I'll surely be reaching for this (and probably alternating with the Lemon one) in the mornings from now on.

*And breath* Our tea chat is now over. I hope you found that interesting (whether a tea lover or not) and rest assured that normal beauty programming will resume tomorrow (until next time)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS