navigation

Monday 6 July 2015

Boots and Superdrug Mini Haul


Yanno those times when you go into Boots and/or Superdrug and promise yourself you will not buy anything, but are simply there to have a little peruse as you have more than enough sitting at home but end up picking up a couple of things anyway? Yeah, that happened last week. But hey, at least I'm here now making a post out of it so I guess it's somewhat justifiable in that sense? Anyway - let's get into it...

First off I went into my main Mothership a.k.a. Boots and got a couple of items (I know, I know - it could've been a hell of a lot worse). I picked up another bottle of the Rimmel Lasting Finish 24 Hour Nude Foundation, which if you're a regular round these parts you'll already remember me loving not that long ago. I recently changed things up with the L'Oreal True Match just to see if the grass is greener in any way, and while I do love it, it's always nice to have some choice in the base department, isn't it? This one is also slightly less hassle to work with so is a great option for early/busy mornings where I just want to quickly slap some foundation on and be done with it. I also picked up a completely new item to me and actually the first thing I've ever bought from the Essie counter (shock horror - I've never actually tried any of their famous nail polishes, but expect that to be changing very soon as I've got my eye on a fair few of them and feel I can now justify the slightly-higher price tag). This popped up in one of Anna's videos recently and it went straight to the top of my 'Must-Buy' wishlist, making its way onto my 'Lust' section of last month's Loves and Lusts (which I will link here). It is the Essie Leave No Trace Glitter Nail Polish Remover. Doesn't that just sound all kinds of awesome? I'm sure I'm not alone in the whole 'Love/Hate' relationship I have with glitter nail polish. Sure, I love buying it, applying it and continually marvelling at my nails under every light possible for days afterwards but removal is where I curse the living daylights out of the stuff and promise myself I will never lacquer up my beds with it ever again. Spoiler alert - It never lasts for long. In summary - I hate removing glitter polish. I've found one of Lily Pebbles' tips to make it a tad less stressful, but something like  Essie's offering just reads like even less of a hassle. Simply squirt some onto your nail bed, leave it for half a minute before massaging it in until the scrub-like particles dissolve all the glitter specks and leave you nails shimmer-free. It's basically a body scrub for your nails - genius. I will definitely be reporting back on this one.
 
Next came the obligatory wander round Superdrug and I always like to after a Boots trip just to be real thorough and make sure there's nothing I've missed cause there are a few brands that are only sold in one or the other. I eventually picked up two items (again) and this time they were both from good 'ole Maybelline. Again, like the Boots shop - one item is a regular favourite round these parts that no doubt you've seen crop up before, whilst another is a complete newbie. I wanted to pick up another of the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara as I'm petrified of suddenly running out of the only mascara currently in my stash - Too Faced Better Than Sex, F.Y.I - and realising I've got nothing to replace it. #FirstWorldProblems. So to avoid this I thought it's best to just keep another mascara stashed away until that time comes, and being as I know how much I love The Falsies - I know it's a sure bet to have. I then picked up an item I'm very, very excited to finally have in possession. I'd noticed this crop up a few times in blog posts from blogging gals who reside over the pond, and then in recent weeks I'd seen it pop up in the stand in my local Tesco's so I knew it was at last on its way to our shores. It is the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. Ain't it just gorgeous? This palette comprises of a total of twelve shades and from more in-depth researching, are actually lined-up in such a way so certain 'looks' are already laid out for you. There's thirteen altogether - six duos, four trios and three quads - and while of course you're free to use the colours as you want, if you're perhaps a newbie to the whole eyeshadow thang or are in a rush and just need to quickly slap some colours together and rest assured they just work - it's pretty a pretty handy feature. Of course I'm yet to actually have a play and put this into action just yet, so will have to report back sometime in the near future about pigmentation, wear-time etc. but in terms of the layout and selection of colours (no weird 'I will never use this' shades to be found) - it's looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS