navigation

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Dainty Ditsy Turns 1! #AllMonthAugust

Source - http://weheartit.com/entry/136416106/search?context_type=search&context_user=michelle_ganley&page=2&query=floral+birthday+cake

So today, 25th August 2015, marks my 1-Year 'Bloggerversary'. MY BLOG IS ONE YEAR OLD! I cannot quite believe that one year ago, on this exact date - I published my very first post and 'Dainty Ditsy' was born. It feels like it was only yesterday - literally.

It was around four years ago now that I first discovered into the 'blogging/vlogging' world, when I stumbled across Zoe (or Zoella)'s YouTube channel (back in the days when she was much less well-known and her channel name ended in '280390' or something along those lines). I remember marathon-type watching her videos (along with one of her infamous Primark hauls in which she sported a rather fetching monkey onesie) before further coming across many others who were in the same field (Louise, Tanya, Fleur - all before they became the 'stars' they're considered today). I loved the world I found myself in, and I think my love for all things beauty, makeup etc. related really started to pick up the pace from there. I found the corresponding blogs for some of the gals I'd began watching, and started to take more of an interest in the whole industry. I'd read reviews, hear about some of the new products coming to market, watch or read about some of the favourite products people were loving in certain months. Of course, beforehand, I had a minor interest in beauty - but I think the discovery of this online community was where I started to take it much more seriously.

In this time before I finally plucked up the courage to create 'Dainty Ditsy', I remember thinking to myself what it must be like to be more than just an audience member - what it must be like to in fact be a creator of some of the content I was enjoying. I've always had a long-time love for English (it was always my favourite subject throughout school) and I've always loved reading and - when I was younger - writing my own stories. When I was quite young I recall wanting to be an author - before realising how unrealistic that dream actually was - so instead started to consider training in Journalism. However, over time this dream slowly began to fade away the further I went into my high school years - while my love for the online beauty community continued to rise, and rise.

I guess I figured one day that perhaps, by starting my own blog, I could maintain my interest I still had for English, whilst involving my ever-growing love for all things beauty and makeup related. I toyed with the ideas several times. In real life, I'm a fairly shy and introverted person when you first meet me, and I like to keep myself to myself - especially around new people or new situations. I knew I had to somehow break down this barrier in order to finally push myself to start a blog. I think this 'push' came in the form of my A Levels. I could go on and on about this, but in short - I did not enjoy Sixth Form on little bit. To start off with, it wasn't so bad - but over the course of the two years my interest definitely drained considerably. I began my first job a month after starting the first year, and I began to see that there was more to life than just education in its school-like format. The Summer after my first year had finished, and I was still in two minds over whether to return for the second and last one (in the end I did - somehow) I felt pretty down about how the last year had turned out. I felt like I'd failed at something I used to do pretty alright at (my GCSE's weren't that bad) and I'd completely lost my passion and drive. It was then I finally plucked up the courage to do something I knew would spark that feeling again - and 'Dainty Ditsy' was born.

I knew I'd enjoy at last being more of an active 'part' of the world I'd read and watched for the past three or so years - but in fact, creating 'Dainty Ditsy' became do much more than that. I felt I was finally doing something I could say I was 'good' at and every time I went to write a post, take a photo or generally work on 'Dainty Ditsy' - I felt that determination and drive again which I'd completely stopped feeling for any Sixth Form-related work. I still carried on feeling like that as I pushed myself through Year 13 (my last year) and even now - after finishing my A Levels - 'Dainty Ditsy' maintains being something I'm immensely proud of and committed to continuing and improving. I've interacted with some lovely, lovely gals over my last year as a Blogger - some of whom have even gone to the lengths of complimenting my work (Massive Thankyou!) I've also interacted with brands and companies of whom I've forever admired. But I guess what I'm most proud of doing in the last year as a Blogger - is amassing a following of people who want to read my own content. Currently, I'm nearing 70 followers on Bloglovin', which I know is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the heights others are reaching nowadays - but to me, that is a lot of people and I will forever be grateful to all of those people who take the time to click that 'Follow' button. Too, even if you don't - if you simply read my blog that is enough to make me super-happy. In short - to anyone and everyone who has ever took time out to read and (hopefully) enjoy my content on 'Dainty Ditsy' - I'd just like to say a big 'Thankyou' as I really cannot explain how much I appreciate it. I heart you all a lot - like a lot, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS