navigation

Monday 22 May 2017

Face Mask Faves


I love a good face mask. For me, they're the ultimate pampering essential and have been something I've heavily relied on for not only treating my skin, but as a means of relaxing, de-stressing and just generally chilling out. I've tried various types and brands over the years but while I have given loads a go - and have a fair few favourites as a result - I don't think I've ever compiled them into one big favourites round-up here yet so that's exactly what I'm going to do right now...


GARNIER MOISTURE BOMB TISSUE MASKS - I used to only use face masks of the clay, 'rinse off when you're done'-type formula or the classic peel off - until I discovered these ones from Garnier. These are pretty recent additions to the drugstore skincare scene, with them making their first appearance sometime last year I believe and I instantly knew I needed to give them a go - and I am so, so glad I did. They are completely different to anything else I've tried before, but I love them. They're quick, easy and convenient and their main plus plus point is the major dose of hydration they give - something my dry skin type really appreciates. Simply remove the sheet mask from the packaging, position it correctly on your face so you resemble something out of a horror movie (yay), leave it on for a good few minutes and them remove it. Simple. You can either tissue off the excess or massage it in - personally I prefer to do the latter for some extra pampering power - and not only do I love the Original, I am now just as much of a massive fan of their two newly-released 'Camomile' and 'Green Tea' versions. You really can't got wrong with these beauties.

L'OREAL PURE CLAY GLOW FACE MASK - Then, onto a range of face masks from L'Oreal which again, I discovered last year sometime and have been a big fan of ever since. These differ from the rest due to them being the only offering that comes in a large pot and boasts multiple uses as opposed to being a 'one time wonder' that contains just enough for one full application. I really like how you get more than just a single use out of these and you can control exactly how much you use each time, effectively saving you product in the long run and making it last a fairly long time and I also really, really like the actual product inside too. I personally use the 'Glow' version which - you guessed it - has a slightly exfoliating formula that sloughs away all the dead skin cells and gives the overall complexion a much brighter, healthier and more radiant-looking appearance afterwards. I am all about the glow-boosting products (if you hadn't gathered already) and I really find this mask to over time, make a huge difference to the look and feel of my skin.

MONTAGNE JEUNESSE/7TH HEAVEN - Moving onto the classic, the one that I've used for what feels like forever and you probably have too - good o' Montagne Jenunesse. Nowadays, they seem to go by the name of '7th Heaven' but back in the day, when I first discovered them - they were known as the former - and I loved them, and still do have a bit of a soft spot for them now. They have such a wide array of face mask sachets in all different colours, ingredients and formulas so whether you want something that's nice and moisturising or simply something to strip away all of the nasties - they will more than likely have it in their range somewhere.

PRIMARK BEAUTY FACE MASKS - Pretty much all of these recommendations in thus post are very affordable side of things but if you're after a range that is even more bargainous - check out the face masks from good ol' Primark. Not only do they sometimes have some of the others I've talked about here in there for a really good price (like the aforementioned Montagne Jenunesse range) they also have their own brand selection that's equally as good. For such amazing affordability, they stand up to their more typical drugstore counterparts and work really well. They even have some 'masks' especially for the problem pore areas and those pesky under eye bags. Oooh.

GARNIER SKINACTIVE FACE MASKS - A more recent try-out for me has been this new range from Garnier, again. Following the huge success of the Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks, they've now come out with a wide selection of standard sachet face masks for every occasion. Like a lot of the other brands, there really is something for everyone here - no matter what skin needs or personal preferences you have - and once again, they're very much on the cheaper end of the scale. I haven't heard many things about this range just yet as they're pretty fresh off the press but you heard it here first - they're awesome.

SUPERDRUG FACE MASKS - Last, but certainly by no means least - another bargainous range. Superdrug obviously sell a lot of the masks I've talked about in this post, but they also do a bangin' own brand range too. More often than not they're on some type of offer like a good ol' 3 for 2 - making them even more of a steal - and I feel like this range has even more of a vast selection of formulas and 'finishes' to choose from.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Montagne Jeunesse masks! I'm working my way through all of the ones I can find to see which ones are my favourites. I haven't tried any of the Primark or Superdrug ones though and I think they might need to be added on to my list of things I need to try! xox
    www.thedarkeowl.com

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS