navigation

Friday 19 May 2017

Top 5 Nude Lip Liners - Revisited...



Around the Summertime last year, I did this post here detailing my top picks in terms of nude lip liners. I love experimenting with colours on my lips, but if I'm after an easy, everyday-friendly option that will go with any makeup look - I will opt for a classic neutral tone. Whether it be a classic bullet lippie, a matte liquid lipstick or a gloss - I have plenty in my collection and over time, I have built up a fairly sizable stash of lip liners to use alongside all of them. I never used to be a big fan of lip liner, but over the past couple of years - with the whole Kylie Jenner thang going on - lip liner has had a bit of a rejuvenation and now everyone - myself included - uses them on the reg' to add shape and definition your lips (essential for me personally) and also possibly make them look a little larger and fuller too. But, I have to admit that since uploading that post a few months back, I have since discovered even more lip liners of the nude variety that i have become obsessed with and may or may not have pushed a couple of the other ones off the top spots. Let's have a look, eh?


L'OREAL LES LIP LINER COUTURE BY COLOUR RICHE IN 'BEIGE A NU' - Kicking off with some which were mentioned in my last edition and are still here, hanging around today - firstly with this beauty from L'Oreal. This is probably my one, ultimate go-to nude lip liner when I want to outline my lips, possibly overline them in some areas and for it to still look rather 'natural' and 'undetectable' at the same time. Of them all, this is the one which matches up to my natural lip colour the most, so it's quick, easy and relatively foolproof to use and I love the creamy, but also slightly waxy formula that glides on but also stays on without budging or smudging all day long. If I know I want to rock a nude lip but don't know what lip liner to pair with it - this will more often than not be the one I plump for.

RIMMEL 1000 KISSES LIP LINER IN 'TIRAMISU' - Then, starting what seems to be a bit of a trend in this post of lip liners from Rimmel (can you tell I love them, a lot?) this is one of my favourites from probably my favourite range they offer - the '1000 Kisses'. These come housed in a traditional pencil format, so are super sturdy and easy to use and the formula is again really pigmented and creamy, yet has good longevity to it also. This shade is probably my current favourite nude lip liner of right now - I love the warm, light brown tone that seems to complement (or equally, contrast) with any nude lip colour I use it with and add some much-needed definition and also depth to my lip line. For the upcoming warmer (hopefully) months, I can see this only becoming even more of a go-to of mine for when I want a parred-back, slightly warm-toned lip.

RIMMEL 1000 KISSES LIP LINER IN 'SPICE' - Next up in my favourites - again, from the mighty Rimmel - is another of their '1000 Kisses' offerings, this time in the slightly more red-toned shade 'Spice'. This has more of a brick undertone to it, so works better with those nude lips I have in my stash that carry a slight rouge-y or pink-y tinge to them. If anything, it's like my natural lip colour, only more rich and pigmented. Again, same great formula and same great affordable pricepoint - you just cannot go wrong when picking up a lip liner from Rimmel.

MAC LIP LINER IN 'SOAR' - Making a slight deviation from the aisles of the drugstore, I really rather like the lip liners from MAC. Yes, they are up there a little more in terms of pricing and in some cases, the shades can be easily duped by more affordable and accessible brands but one shade that I feel this doesn't necessarily apply to and is totally worth it is 'Soar'. This was a huge, huge thing in the makeup world a couple of years back when Kylie Jenner made that and a fair few other MAC lipsticks and liners infamous and eventually, I caved and tried it out myself. And you know what? I was not disappointed. Still to this day, it's a hue that I reach for fairly frequently whenever I want a liner that's nude, but with a more purple-y, mauve undertone to it to tie in with all of my neutral lippies that are in the same kinda colour family. The quality is awesome - super pigmented, rich and creamy - and while it's not as waxy in texture as some of the others I've talked about, it still sticks around.

RIMMEL EXAGGERATE LIP LINER IN 'EAST END SNOB' - Finally, back onto the Rimmel lip liner train for one final time. I promise. This one belongs in their other collection - the 'Exaggerate' ones - that are housed in a twist-up format with no wooden barrel and so require no sharpening - simply wind up and go. In theory, this sounds like a dream but honestly, I do prefer the stability of the '1000 Kisses' liners as I do find that without careful application, these ones can easily snap and break off but aside from that one minor issue, the liners themselves are awesome. This shade has always been a standout to me - again, something I have never managed to find in any other brand, low or high end. This dusky, pinky nude is just perfect for when I want a slightly more rosey nude lip or scribbled all over as a base to lift and add a touch of colour to a more beige, brown-toned option. It's pink, but not 'in yer face' pink and so I would classify this as a nude lip liner as opposed to one for the proper pink lippies in my stash and I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS