navigation

Monday 24 July 2017

Tried and Tested: Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lip Paints (Limited Edition Shades)



If you've been reading round here for some time now, you'll most likely already know that I am a big, big fan of the Barry M 'Matte Me Up' Liquid Lip Paints (a.k.a. the brand's answer to the popular matte liquid lipstick format that we all know and love). They're highly pigmented, opaque in one layer and dry down to a super powdery-matte finish that last all day long and best of all - they're amazingly affordable. They also come in a great, wide range of colours - from classic nudes to pinks to reds to purples - and now, there's been another two added to the line-up. Barry M have released two limited edition colours for the Summer and being a sucker for the entire 'Matte Me Up' range and also just as much of a sucker for anything with 'one-off' emblazoned on it - I guess it was inevitable that I'd pick them both up eventually. Let's take a look, eh?

Of course, with the season in which these two were launched in mind, they're two shades that just scream 'Summer' to me. Personally, as soon as Summer hits I'm all for wearing bright, bold colour on my lips and these are just ideal for just that. They're also perfect for festivals or gigs - again, two things that we all tend to do a lot of during the warmer months - and just for when you typically want to play and experiment with your makeup looks a lot more.  And with them being so affordable and accessible, you can easily pick them up without the fear of not wearing them regularly and being left feeling like you've wasted your money. You've got the best of both worlds, basically.

The shades, as usual, are stunning. 'Pinksplosion' (p.s. - what a cute name, right?) is my favourite, favourite of the two, and I'm sure you all know why. I am a big pink lover and in particular, love a good, pretty pinky lip. In my matte liquid lipstick stash, though, I haven't got as many rosey tones kicking around and so personally, this is definitely a welcome addition to my collection. The super bright, almost neon-esque candy pink is just stunning and I can't wait to crack this out over the Summer. The second, 'Confetti Purple', is also just as pretty too. I'm not as much of a purple fan as I am of the pinkier end of the spectrum, but I am still very much appreciative of those kind of colours and wen done right, I really rather love them. It's slightly less opaque than 'Pinkspolsion', but it's nothing a light extra layer doesn't fix and once you get it there, it is awesome. If you're a fan of your brights, bolds and just general 'in yer face'-type colours; or are simply a lover of the Barry M 'Matte Me Up' Liquid Lip Paints as a whole - you need these in your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS