navigation

Monday 19 January 2015

Best Of The Budget Makeup #BeautyHacksWeek

 
Hello and welcome to #BeautyHacksWeek! As it is now January, typically the month in which we're all feeling a little empty in pocket after Christmas and New Years, I thought I'd rustle up a mini-series of posts consisting of tips, tricks and recommendations for those of you looking to cut a few corners here and there beauty-wise.

On Wednesday I'll be listing a few of my top multi-tasking items, and then concluding #BeautyHacksWeek on Friday with some final tips and tricks, whether they be my own or ones I may have learnt from others along the way. Today, though, I'm kicking things off with a roundup of some of my favourite budget-friendly picks and hidden gems you can find in Boots or Superdrug. Now I could go on forever about some of my favourites, but to keep it short, today I'm simply giving a top five...
 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Ah, the classic. I'd reckon given the chance pretty much every beauty blogger would rate this as one of their 'Best Budget Picks' as it really is so darn good. A high-coverage, creamy and easy to blend concealer which can basically be used for anything. Ok, maybe it fares better in covering blemishes as opposed to bags, but given enough time and attention, is defiantly can work super well for both.
 
Maybelline Eyestudio Colour Tattoo 24 Hr Cream Gel Eyeshadows - I picked these out due to their versatility as being cream eyeshadows, they're perfect for using as a base for powder pigments to go over the top of, used alone for a simple wash of colour, or even employed on a small brush as a liner for a bit of lashline definition. I'm not sure exactly who wears eyeshadow for a whole 24 hours, but they certainty last well on me and the colour selection is perfect - there's everything from your classic neutrals to more adventurous purples and turquoises.
 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals - These liners are brilliant if you're a kohl wearer like myself. They do everything you'd want from this style of liner - hard enough to draw a good line but soft enough to smudge out of you want to and once applied they give you a decent amount of time to smudge out but dry down and do not move for the rest of the day/night. The colour selection is again perfect as it covers the whole spectrum of shades, introducing blues and purples amongst your standard black and even incorporating a nude (unheard of elsewhere in the drugstore) to brighten up your inner waterline. Perfect.
 
Collection Supersize Fat Lash Mascara - Now obviously this is more of a personal preference as it tends to be with mascaras that sometimes the ones other recommend do not necessarily work for you, but for me this has to be one of the best mascaras I've tried at the cheapest end of the price scale. Now of course I love the Maybelline Falsies, but with that clocking in at £7.99, this Collection offering still beats that, coming in at a mere £2.99 and delivering on all the aspects you expect mascaras to do - volume and length without a clump in sight.
 
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks - Finally, a lip offering at the drugstore and one I think to seriously rival its higher-end counterparts. These are matte (my personal preference when it comes to bold lipsticks) but, crucially, they are not drying in the slightest. They apply like a dream, sit so comfortably on the lips you almost forget you're wearing them, and last almost all day without any need for a top-up.

And that just about concludes my top picks from the drugstore makeup-wise! I'm so interested to see what your favourite finds from either Boots or Superdrug may be o if you do have any loves at the cheaper end of the scale, do be sure to leave them below! Any excuse to collect more loyalty points...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS