navigation

Friday 16 January 2015

Polish Pick: Rimmel Salon Pro Polish in 'Mars'


I know, hold the phone - a Polish Pick post that doesn't feature a Barry M polish? Please pick yourselves up from the floor ladies (and gentlemen) as today I'm dropping in with a lacquer I've been loving from the Rimmel Salon Pro range...

Now a few weeks back in December I was on the hunt for a gold glitter to use for my Christmas Day look and spotted a gem (literally) amongst the Rimmel counter. I then noticed they had an offer that allowed you a free bottle of the Rimmel Salon Pro in 'Mars' if you spend so much in their brand. Naturally I qualified so out I went with an extra bottle in my bag.
I was initially dubious as I'd never tried any polish from Rimmel before, but I had heard somewhere along the grapevine about this range and how it is supposed to include Lycra in the formula, meaning it's longer-wearing and more chip-resistant. I painted my nails with one coat of this stuff and was instantly impressed. The formula of the polish was quite runny and watery, so I straight away thought it was a write-off and would take about 52 coats to get it to be opaque. How wrong I was. It actually made it very easy to get an even finish and the wide, flat brush meant it only took three (sometimes only two) swipes to cover the whole nail. I also found the finish to be almost entirely opaque in one coat! The colour too is just spot on. A straight-up red with no frills or spills which looks very flattering on the nails and provides an instant 'glam up' to whatever look you may be going for.
I can not express how blown away I was by this polish and I may have already gone back to Boots to pick up another couple of shades. No doubt they'll be popping up in a post of these sorts sometime in the not-so-distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS