navigation

Friday 12 January 2018

Minimal Makeup Essentials


Sometimes, after Christmas and New Year I like to give my face a bit of a break from makeup and just strip things back a little. Not always, and not really for long - you know me, generally I tend to veer more on the other end of the spectrum in terms of how much makeup I apply - but if there's ever a time when I do enjoy going a little more laid-back, it'll be now. So, today I thought I'd run through some of my top essentials for days just like that...

A CLASSIC CONCEALER - No matter whether I am applying foundation, I always, always need a good concealer to see me through. Something with good coverage, easy blendability and awesome lasting power - and obviously, that for me is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. You cannot go wrong with this stuff, it's super affordable and accessible and just does the job amazingly well too.

BROWS, BROWS, BROWS - Personally, having rather sparse, natural brows - filling them in is something I just cannot pass up on - no matter what type of makeup day I'm having. And for a while now, I have been loving the Fleur De Force X Eylure Brow Define Pencil - a duo-ended pencil with a lighter colour on one end and a darker hue on the other - it's perfect for bulking them up, whilst also 'naturally' feathering in some fairer hair-like strokes around the front and combined with  stand-alone spoolie - it's a winner. However, if I can perhaps be a little sneaky, can I also give a not-so-subtle mention to something else I also cannot really give up in my makeup routine, brow-wise - something to set them into place and add some extra colour and fullness? Cause if so, the Essence Make Me Brow in '02 Browny Brows' is an essential for me, every day of the week...

A GOOD MASCARA - I can never go without a layer (or five) of mascara - and even more so when my makeup is more on the minimal side of things. Generally, If I'm keeping things more parred-back, mascara may be the only thing I wear on my eyes and so it's super important to me that I have a staple in my stash that does the job - and does it bloomin' well too. Right now, I am all-over the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara - is may be cheap as chips, but oh my does it really lengthen, lift and volumise my lashes amazingly well!

A STATEMENT NUDE/BOLD LIP - ...I say 'statement', as if I'm going lighter with my makeup one day, I like my lips to make some sort of impact. Usually, I'll stick to a neutral tone, in-keeping with the 'minimal' theme; but sometimes I might throw in something more bold or bright to give the look somewhat of a focal-point - seeing as usually my eyes are pretty bare on days like this. Right now, I have been loving the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick in 'Chauffeur' - a gorgeous brown-based nude - for a nude that packs a punch, and also in the creamy formula that I tend to wear a lot more of on minimal days.

SETTING SPRAY - Finally, even if my makeup is on the lighter side of things - it still needs to be set into place all-day-long and of course, what other recommendation would I give here than my beloved Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray? It definitely is on the pricier end of the scale, but it meshes your makeup together beautifully, gives your skin a gorgeous natural glow and really locks your makeup down into place like nothing else I've ever tried and as always, I highly recommend it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS