navigation

Monday 26 March 2018

Moment Of Makeup - My Current 'Everyday' Makeup


I haven't done this type of post in a while, have I? My makeup changes all of the time (both product-wise and look-wise too), but typically at any given time they'll be a handful of products I'll be using and loving 'everyday' - so today, I thought I'd give you all a run-down of what comprises of that line-up at the moment. I've switched up a lot of products these past few months and especially these past few weeks - so let's get started...

Firstly, Base, and right now I've generally been using (and finishing up) the Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Primer. This is on its last legs, so I've made it my mission to finish it up and as always, I really like it both for creating a smooth base for my makeup and ensuring it stays put throughout the day too. Foundation-wise, you all know I have been all about the Makeup Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick in 'F2' at the moment. Ever since trying it out a couple of weeks ago, it's basically become my new, go-to foundation. Not only is it super quick and easy to apply; it gives such a lovely medium, buildable coverage and a really dewy, healthy finish too. To conceal up those under-eye bags and any redness or blemishes, I am still an avid user of the 'matching' concealer, the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define in 'C1' (for under the eyes) and 'C2' (for around the face). This is just an awesome concealer - great coverage, easy to blend, sits nicely on the skin and lasts impeccably all day long. I'm well on my way to needing to crack open my new bottles as my original two are well nearing their end! I also used my usual Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer in 'Porcelain' to cover any pesky blemishes that need that slightly thicker texture for extra coverage, before generally setting around my face with my usual Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder and 'baking' under my eyes and around my smile lines (and so on) with my favourite Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder in 'Translucent'. And that's my general 'base' done!

Eyes-wise, as always I start by doing my brows using my current duo that I've stuck to using for ages now - the Fleur De Force x Eylure Brow Define Pencil in 'Medium' to fill them in and the Essence Make Me Brow in '02 Browny Brows' to set them, tint them and add some extra, much-needed fullness. I then prime my lids using my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion, before moving onto eyeshadow. Eyeshadow tends to be one of the makeup steps that I switch up the most, but right now I've been using the Makeup Revolution Life On The Dance Floor Palette in 'Guestlist'. A gorgeous selection of warm-toned shades that are right up my street, I've loved creating various looks with this palette ever since buying it just after Christmas and so generally, that is the palette I'll tend to reach for at the moment. Then, I'll generally do a classic cat flick, winged liner using what has been my favourite for a long, long while now - NYX's Epic Ink Liner - before adding a good coating of mascara (and right now, I've been using Essence's Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara - which is awesome and super cheap too!). I also take my eyeshadow shades underneath my eye, before using some of the MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara on my lower lashes as it does the job and never, ever smudges, flakes or transfer (which I typically find to be a major issue when it comes to my lower lashes).

Then, I usually move back onto finishing off the face and start by lightly (sort of) contouring my cheekbones, jawline, temples, nose - you get the gist - using my favourite, NYX's High Definition Blush in 'Taupe'. This ashy tone just sculpts my paler skin-tone perfectly, yet it's not too grey n that it deadens the complexion - whilst the formula is pigmented and really easy to blend out for a super nice finish too. Then, for adding some actual warmth to my skin (a must right now with the weather being so cold) I use my favourite, favourite bronzer - Soap and Glory's Solar Powder Bronzer. This is just an absolute classic in my makeup stash and no matter what bronzers I try out, I always end up coming back to this one, time and time again. The matte formula is perfect for my personal preference, whilst the mid-toned colour is neither too light, nor too dark for my paler complexion. I simply apply and blend this around the perimeter of my face for some good ol' warmth and it does the trick, every single time.  Then lastly, but most certainly not least, Highlighter. Quite possibly my favourite step in my makeup routine (and I'm sure many of you will agree with me) and though I have so many favourites and tend to change up what one I plump for on an almost-daily basis - right now, I am loving the L'Oreal Crushed Foil Metallic Highlighter in 'Rose Quartz'. And, I mean loving it. A gorgeous, super-blinding, pinky-gold highlighter that's so reflective and intense, yet not at all glittery or 'chunky' on the skin - it. is. stunning. and very much worthy of the major hype it receive when it first launched a couple of month back. It really flatters my paler skin-tone especially and you only need the smallest amount to really get that shiny glowy effect that we all know and love. Cause, even on an everyday basis, I still love a good dose of highlighter...

Finally, Lips, and as always, I have a tonne of favourites that I'm reaching for right now. Generally, I'll go for a nude-y shade - most of the time, paired with a lip liner such as my favourite, Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in 'Tiramisu' and also typically, a liquid lipstick - and right now, some of my go-to's include my Maybelline Super Stay 24Hr Matte Ink in 'Seductress' (a gorgeous pinky-mauve, browney nude) that's been a favourite of mine for a little while now and also the Collection Velvet Kiss Lip Cream in 'Dreamboat' (again, a pinky-mauve nude) and Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit in 'Doll' (a gorgeous pale, pinky-nude) which are two, more recent favourite additions (as you would have seen in this post I did earlier on this month). I have plenty of others that float my boat, but those are the three that come straight off the top of my head as of right now and I love all of them, a lot. Then, with a final, finishing spray of my usual Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to melt everything together into the skin and fully fix my makeup into place, all day long, and we're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS