navigation

Friday 25 May 2018

Polish Pick: Holographic Shimmer


Remember when I tried out two of Barry M's newest Molten Metals a month or so ago? I did individual 'Polish Picks' featuring them both here and here and all in all, I was, as always, pretty darn impressed. Both shades were gorgeous and just as high quality metallic goodness as all of the previous 'Molten Meta' Nail Paints I'd tried in the past - and that's exactly why I ended up going back to one colour in particular when I wanted to give my natural nails a nice refresh of colour this week. This time, however, with a bit of a twist to mix things up...


As I said, I loved both colours I tried, but maybe if I really had to choose a favourite, favourite - 'Holographic Rocket' would perhaps just clinch it. A super-pretty light purple metallic hue with subtle shimmery flecks of silver running through it - it's such a gorgeous shade and one which no doubt about it works perfectly well worn alone, with just a plain top coat layered as a finishing touch to seal the deal. However, this time, I fancied switching things up a bit and adding a little something 'extra', yanno? So, I reached straight for the Rimmel Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat - a regular top coat, but with fine golden glitter running through it. So, not only does this ensure a super-shiny finish and lock things into place - it also adds such a pretty, light sprinkle of sparkle. I love glitter any time or day of the week and this is perfect for just adding an extra, everyday-friendly dose and if you've got a favourite polish and fancy mixing things up too, I'd highly suggest you pick it up so you can do the same. It works a real treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS