navigation

Monday 4 June 2018

Empties #26


I've already collated a tonne of empty beauty items - and you all know exactly what that means. It's time for another 'Empties'! If you're not already familiar with these types of posts, basically, it does just what it says on the tin - a run-through of every fully-finished product that I've recently used all up to the very last drop - and so I can give you lovely lot a good, detailed review as we go along too! Let's get started with my latest collection (Spoiler Alert - It's pretty mascara-heavy)...

SOAP AND GLORY SUGAR CRUSH BODY BUTTER CREAM MINI - I already love this body butter - and even more so when it's in miniature format like this. A super thick formula that intensely hydrates the skin, but without leaving it feeling sticky and greasy for hours on end - and with such a delicious sweet, citrus-y scent to boot too! Mmhmmm. What's not to love?

ZOELLA BEAUTY 'SHOWER SHAKE' MOISTURISING BODY WASH - Last year, Zoe released her 'Jelly and Gelato' Range for Zoella Beauty and this body wash/moisturiser hybrid quickly became one of my top picks from the collection. Now the weather's finally begun warming up for this year, I've only recently started using it regularly again in shower's every night, so I've only now reached the end of the bottle, but rest assured - it. it. awesome. It cleanses the skin, whilst also nourishing at the same time and leaving my skin feeling moisturised at the end of it and the sweet, elderflower scent is pretty yummy too. I can't wait to see what Zoella Beauty comes out with this time around for Summer...

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER IN '01 EXTRA FAIR' - Makeup-wise, this concealer is by no means a newbie to this 'Empties' series, but the shade most definitely is. Finally, Collection have added a few new shades to their infamous Lasting Perfection Concealer range and so, while their original palest shade - '1 Fair' - is a pretty good colour for me, I have always thought a slightly paler colour would work even better for my skin-tone and thankfully, my prayers were finally answered and - as you can probably guess - I love it. The formula is just as awesome, and I think this colour is my new go-t when it comes to this concealer from now on...

COLLECTION LASH SURGE MASCARA - Next up, three - yes, three - mascaras! One I've loved, two not so much. And, as you'll probably already know, this one from Collection definitely falls under the first category. For such a super-affordable mascara, it gives my lashes such an awesome effect. It thickens up my lashes, while still separating them out at the same time and really lifts and lengthens them too. The bristle brush makes combing out any clumps easy-peasy, whilst the tapered end makes getting every single lash just as straight-forward too and the formula is uber-black and stays put on your lashes all day long too. All in all, it's a winner - and one I will fo' sho' be going back to again at some point in the future...

L'OREAL X FIBER XTREME RESIST MASCARA - The first mascara I don't love as much is this one from L'Oreal. A shame, as I think all the mascaras I've tried in the past from the brand I have really loved - but this one just isn't for me. For two steps, you're left with a finish that you really could have achieved with your 'normal' mascara, if not even better. The actual mascara is so dry and not that great and the fibers don't at all make that much of a difference - and they fly all over the place during application too! Overall, it just isn't that great so I definitely won't be picking this up again anytime soon, unfortunately.

BENEFIT BAD GAL BANG MASCARA MINI - Lastly, mascara-wise, the perhaps controversial inclusion. Ever since the mahoosive launch surrounding this mascara at the start of the year, there was major hype around this mascara from Benefit - so much so that eventually, I caved and figured I just had to try it out for myself to see what I thought of it. Is is really as amazing as everyone was saying it was? In my opinion, No, I'm afraid. The formula is so thick and wet that is just clumps my lashes all-together into one, giant spider-looking lash instantly. Yes, really. It's so difficult to control your application so you're left with that same effect every time and even after leaving it open and unused for a while and coming back to it, I found it to do the same thing. Having looked around, I have actually found some others that have complained of the same issue, so perhaps this isn't as controversial as I thought, but nevertheless, this mascara just isn't worth it for me and I'm pretty glad I only invested in the travel-sized to start off with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS