navigation

Monday 3 December 2018

Beauty Bay 'Blagging Rights' Haul! #DitsyDecember


Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you may well know that Beauty Bay recently had a ma-hoo-sive Black Friday Sale where they had up to 30% off basically the entire website - which basically lasted for the latter half of November, right up until Black Friday/Cyber Monday itself. Now, I've never ordered from Beauty Bay before but have always been tempted to and over the years, it's safe to say I've built up a wishlist of things I want to try - I actually shared the contents of it a couple of weeks ago here when the sale first launched and I was debating placing an order. In the end, I decided it was finally time as the savings were so good and seeing as I had things I've wanted to buy for ages - why not do so now when they're discounted? Let's take a look at what I picked up...

I have always wanted to try the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadows. Ever since they were first released a couple of years ago and everyone went cray cray for them, they've been on my lust-list. However, there was always one issue - they're definitely more on the expensive side of things. And that's exactly why I've never bought any before - until now, that is. In the sale, they were heavily reduced and for me, a lot more reasonably-priced and so, I decided it was the best time to pick one up. They all look super-stunning, but in the end I plumped for perhaps the most classic colour - 'Kitten Karma', a gorgeous warm, golden champagne colour. I really wanted a colour that I felt would be the most versatile and potentially be able to go with anything and everything and I really feel like this colour is the best option for that. I can't wait to try this out and see what all the hype is about - and also compare it with some much-cheaper dupes I picked up from Primark a week or so ago! Then, sticking with the eyes - and specifically, eye glitter - I also picked up the OPV Liquid Glitter in 'Give Me Glow'. I've heard some good things about these and this rich, warm, orangey-copper shade just called my name. I don't actually have any liquid glitter-type products in this type of colour so I'm excited to have something like it finally in my collection and also interested to see how this formula works on the eyes too. Hopefully it'll be good!

I also picked up a highlighter. I mean, this is me after all. I'd had my eye on the Doll Beauty Doll Light Highlighter in 'Like A Diamond' for a while and with it now being discounted, decided it was time to give it a try. I'd never heard of this brand before hearing about this highlighter but I saw it crop up in a few reviews in the beauty community and let's just say, saw some pretty good things. The original price is a little more 'up there', but with the discount it's a lot more reasonable so I quickly added it to my basket and I cannot wait to give it a go!

Lips-wise, I picked up a couple of matte liquid lipsticks. Again, what's new? But I really wanted to try these out, so again decided the sale was the best time! Firstly, I picked up another shade of the Wet 'N' Wild Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipsticks. If you remember, a couple of months ago I tried these out for the first time and really, really loved them - so much so that I quickly decided that I wanted to try out some more colours. The main one being 'Behind The Bleachers' - a deep, vampy red. However, this colour always seemed to be unavailable on Boots (where I originally bought the other colours from) and so, when I spotted it available on Beauty Bay and also reduced in price - I had to pick it up. These liquid lipsticks are already super-affordable so to have the price-point lowered even more so is a real bonus so I'm excited to test this shade out and see if I love it as much as the others (which I'm sure I most likely will). I also decided the sale was the perfect time to pick up a couple of the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks - probably the one, main item on Beauty Bay that I'd always thought about buying many times in the past, however had always been a little put off by the price-point. These are a little up there compared to other matte liquid lipsticks, but I've heard so many good things about the formula and the shade range is incredible too - so when I knew I had to finally pick up any colours I had my eye on in this sale. The lovely Soph (from 'SophDoesNails') alwas raves about a couple of nude shades in particular - even going as far to deem them her favourite colours and formula of liquid lip of all time - and considering that I have a very similar skin-tone, I thought they might be ideal colours for me too. They are 'Mannequin' - a light, pinky-nude - and 'Celebrity Skin' - a slightly darker, browney nude. All being well, I feel like I could well have a couple of new, nude lip favourites on my hands here...

Last, but certainly by no means least - I picked up a couple of new eyeshadow brushes. Whilst perusing the Wet 'N' Wild section when picking up that new lip colour, I came across their range of makeup brushes and quickly spotted a few that I felt I wanted to add to my collection. You can never have too many brushes, right? I especially have wanted to add more flat eyeshadow brushes to packing on shadows, or cutting the crease into my stash for a while and not only did these ones from Wet 'N' Wild look ideal, they were super-affordable already, let alone with the sale added on top! I got the 'Small Concealer Brush' (a flat, thin brush that looks very similar to one of my favourites, the RT 'Definer' Brush) and 'Small Eyeshadow Brush' (a shorter, wider flat brush that looks to be perfect for packing on colour on the lid) and I also came across a fluffier brush whilst I was there that I also decided to pick up too - the 'Large Eyeshadow Brush'. All look pretty good quality for the price - I'll let you know how I get on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS