navigation

Thursday 20 December 2018

Collective Makeup Haul! #DitsyDecember


In the run-up to Christmas and New Year's, it's safe to say that as well as repurchasing some of my favourite beauty products, I've also been gradually buying a few newbies here and there too. And now they've built up to a pretty decent amount - I thought I better show them all to you lovely lot! Let's get right on into it...

Being the season of all things sparkly and all that, I really wanted to pick up a couple of new glittery nail polishes. Mainly because I actually decluttered my old favourite gold glitter a while ago due to it going all dry and goopy and was in need of a replacement - and then I came across the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Bling Bling'. A gorgeous, true gold  chunky glitter polish with a clear base - perfect for layering over the top of 'normal' colours, especially for the festive season! I'm very leased to finally have something like this back in my stash again. Also on the nail front, I picked up another couple of lacquers from Rimmel - their 60 Seconds Glitter Nail Polishes in 'Oh My Gold!' and 'Fab!'. Both shimmery, metallic polishes - the former a yellow-y gold, the latter a kind of pink-gold duo chrome hybrid. Gorgeous colours, perfect for the festive season!

Moving onto makeup, I firstly picked up the Revolution Glow Revolution Prime Set and Glow Spray in 'Eternal Gold'. As soon as these were released a few weeks ago, I just knew I had to pick one up. These just sound incredible. Basically, they're like glowy sprays for your face and body, similar to the likes of the infamous - and much pricier - ones from Iconic London that everyone always raves about. You can use them to prime your face before makeup, set and add a nice, finishing glow at the end or refresh your skin and add extra radiance throughout the day too. And of course, you can also lightly mist them over your body where you want to look all J.Lo-esque (such as your shoulders, decolletage or legs) aswell! Pretty handy and multipurpose, right? And I've always wanted to try the ones from Iconic London, but have always been put off by the price - hence why the release of this much more affordable option excited me quite a bit. I obviously picked up the lightest colour, a pale gold, which looks to be a good match for my skin-tone and I'll most definitely report back on how I get on!

I've also picked up a couple of eye products recently and am pretty excited to try them out. As you probably know, I adore the Lottie London Eye Foils and have been gradually collecting them all over time since discovering them. And there was one shade I still had yet to add to my collection - so I thought I better rectify that! This is the shade 'Fire' - a gorgeous, blue-purple duo chrome. In some lights it looks more blue, in others it flashes more purple-toned and just generally, it's a pretty lovely looking colour. I feel like this shade will be perfect for when I do that eye look using the 'Petrol' shade from the original Soph X Revolution Eyeshadow Palette - which is basically like this exact colour, just in powder shadow form. I'll have to give that go very soon. I also finally got my hands on the Lottie London X Thuyle 'Living My Best Life' Eyeshadow Palette. Admittedly, I was not instantly interested in this palette at first, but gradually I started seeing more and more blog posts, YouTube videos and just general reviews featuring it and basically decided I wanted to try it for myself. Everyone raves about it, plus is is so, so affordable - like, 'under a tenner' affordable! However, I actually managed to snap it up whilst it was discounted, making it even more of a steal. Yay! I can't wait to give it a go...

Lips-wise, I've bought a couple of new lip liners recently! Both nude shades - cause who ever said you can have too many nude lip liners, right? Admittedly, perhaps not the most festive, but I've actually already got a decent collection of reds, however for me, nude lip liners is where I am always on the hunt for something new and maybe even better - so here we have two newbies to my stash! One being the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in 'Nude Beige' - a slightly cool-toned light brown. Being more on the ashy side of things, to me this looked perfect for a nude lip liner that's gonna really help contour and overline my lips super-easily. Hopefully, at least. Then, the other lip liner I've picked up was the Collection Lip Definer in '02 Cappuccino'. I'm pretty sure I've heard good things about this lip liner somewhere before and considering it is so, so cheap - I thought I'd give it a go! This is another brown-toned nude lip pencil, just a touch deeper and a little less cool-toned. It looks to be the perfect kind of depth which isn't too dark, but is just deep enough to still add definition and shape to my lips when used with a lot of my lighter nude lip colours.

Then, with Christmas and New Years just round the corner - I decided I wanted to try some new false lashes out. Firstly, I picked up the SoSu Lashes by Suzanne Jackson in 'Dubai'. This is actually a range that are sold exclusively in Primark and come in at just £5 a pair. Five pounds! Bargain, right? I've actually looked at the range a lot ever since they first started appearing in my local store a good while ago but more recently, I heard MakeMeUpMissa saying on Instagram that this style are her favourite lashes of all time - so naturally, I decided I wanted to give them a go. Eventually, my local store restocked the range after it disappeared for a month or so and on first look myself, I actually really liked the look of the 'Dubai' Lashes myself too. As I said, I really wanted to change and upgrade the lashes I use - hence why I picked these up, plus a few others too. I want to start going for a little longer, thicker, voluminous and just generally 'more' lashes and I though these were a great style to start with. I also decided to pick up a few pairs of the new-ish LMX Lashes By Little Mix. I love Little Mix, but even if I didn't, I would still be interested in giving these lashes a go. There were actually a fair few pairs in the range that caught my eye (geddit?) and seeing as they were all discounted, I decided to just go for it. I picked up a couple of the individual girls' styles - Perrie's (a super long, but not too thick lash) and Jesy's (thicker and more voluminous, with more of a winged-out effect) - and I also picked up both of the collective group styles  - 'Off Duty' (the most 'natural' style, still very long but more feathery and wispy) and 'On Duty' (possibly the most dramatic style, super thick and voluminous). Though, as I said, I definitely want to start going for even more 'out there' and dramatic lashes ('Jesy's Lashes' and the 'On Duty Lashes'), there's also a couple there which I wanted for if I do want to go for something lighter and 'natural' ('Perrie's' and the 'Off Duty Lashes') so I feel like I've got a good mix there.  I can't wait to try out all of these new additions to my lash collection!

Finally, I picked up a couple more brushes from Wet 'N' Wild recently too. As you might have seen in this post I did earlier in the month, I bought a couple of their eye brushes not too long ago and have been loving them - so I thought I'd buy a couple more. They're so cheap, but also so good - what's not to love? So, I bought another of the Small Eyeshadow Brush (which I've been loving lately for packing shimmers onto the lid really intensely and precisely) and I also decided to try a new style I haven't before - their Crease Brush. I love a good fluffy blending brush and this one looks perfect for exactly that. Cause who ever said you could have too many eyeshadow brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS