navigation

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Festive Makeup Favourites - Eye Products #DitsyDecember


Yesterday, as you would have seen here, I started a little 'mini series' for this year's #DitsyDecember - 'Festive Makeup Favourites'! As the name suggests, this is a three-part series on my blog, all about listing off my top, go-to products for the festive/party season that I think you lovely lot would really enjoy using for this time of year too. Yesterday was 'Face', tomorrow is all about the 'Lips' and - as I think you can probably guess - today we're gonna be talking all things 'Eyes'... 

P.LOUISE EYE BASE IN 'RUMOUR' - Any good eye look starts with a good base and let me tell you, this has fast become my new favourite one. I used to be fully obsessed with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but ever since finally giving into the hype and trying this one out a couple of months ago, I have not looked back. It's more of a concealer-like texture and so really covers everything up and cancels everything out and the slightly tacky residue left behind (best left un-set - trust me) works so well at making your eyeshadows adhere impeccably. They're so pigmented, smooth and they blend like a dream. Seriously, this stuff really is worth the hype...

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE EYE PAINTS - Cream and liquid shadows are another great way of helping to intensity your eyeshadow even more so and personally, these ones from L'Oreal are one of my favourites. They come in so, so many different colours, all of which are rich in pigment and apply fully opaque in one layer - plus, the pointed doe-foot applicator means you can quite literally just swipe them on and you're good to go! They're amazing alone, but as I said, make for great bases for powder shadows to really 'pop' on top - which is great for this time of year, when you want your eye look to be super-dupe intense! Although, that generally tends to be what I personally want all year round...

SOPH X REVOLUTION EYESHADOW PALETTE - I could name so, so many eyeshadow palettes that are awesome for the festive/party season - trust me - but if I had to pick just one, I think it would perhaps have to be this one. Such an amazing shade range - with so many festive-appropriate colours - and the quality is just awesome too. All really 'creamy' shadows that are really rich and pigmented, easy to apply and blend and last impeccably on the eyes all day or night long! What's not to love?

NYX GLITTER PRIMER - Moving onto all things Glitter - yay! Without a doubt the one main thing that we all think of, makeup-wise, when it comes to the festive/party season. I mean, you can add a sprinkle of the sparkly stuff into your makeup routine all-year-round (I certainly like to), but as the end of the year approaches, it definitely becomes a big 'thing' and I love it. And nowadays, there are so, so many different formats - the perhaps 'original' and most 'traditional' being loose glitter. At one time, this was the main glitter gateway and with that, you're gonna need a good glitter glue. And, in my opinion, this one from NYX is the best one out there. You only need the tiniest amount and you simply pat some onto your lids before going in with any kind of loose glitter or pigment and it really helps it adhere well and stay in place all day/night, until you say so...

NYX FACE AND BODY GLITTERS - As for the actual loose glitter in question, you also cannot go wrong with these ones, also from NYX. They come in so, so many different colours - plenty that are just perfect for the festive season - and used in-conjunction with their matching glitter primer, they work together like a dream. Super sparkly, reflective and just very pretty indeed!

BARRY M GLITTER BOMB GLITTER EYESHADOWS - If loose glitters aren't your kinda thang, or you're simply after a bit of a quicker, easier, less messy alternative - look no further than what I like to call - 'liquid glitters'. Basically like glitter, but already suspended in a clear (or coloured) gel-like formulation which means you can just swipe it on, no glue required, leave to dry down and you're ready to go. As I said, much less mess and fuss than loose glitters can potentially create and nowadays, there are so many options available. Ever since Stila created their infamous 'Glitter and Glow' Liquid Eyeshadows, (which I am still really wanting to finally give a go at some point) - brands here, there and everywhere have been trying to bring out other (and often cheaper) alternatives and I've definitely found a few that I love. One being these from Barry M. I obviously cannot compare the two, but in my mind these are very similar. The formula is packed full of sparkly, reflective glitter and the liquid base means it adheres to the lids easy-peasy and really does stay put, without flaking off, fading or creasing all. day. long. Plus, there are so many gorgeous colourways available - many of which I've picked up already myself. Oops!

COLLECTION GLAM CRYSTALS GLITTER GEL EYELINERS - Another great 'liquid glitter'-type option are glitter eyeliners. Perhaps the 'original' liquid glitter, glitter liners have been around for years, with many choosing to use them in this way - and these ones from Collection were maybe one of the first and also one of the cheapest too. I finally got on this bandwagon a couple of years ago and have loved them ever since. I have a lot of the colours - all of which I love - and whilst they of course make great glitter liners themselves, I personally love using them as liquid glitter shadow toppers - taking them all over the lid for a super-sparkly finish. Once dried, they stay in place all day or night long and for such a super-affordable option, you really cannot complain...

NYX EPIC INK LINER - Another eye makeup staple for this time of year (though, again, for me it's definitely all all-year-round thing too) is a good, liquid liner. And by this I'm talking your classic, black liquid liner of course! I love a good winged-out, feline flick and especially so when I'm getting my glam on, such as during the festive/party season. For a long time, this one from NYX has been my go-to - the brush tip makes a precise, sharp application fairly straightforward and fool-proof, the formula is pretty liquidy (but not too much so) so it glides on nice and smoothly and it's completely pitch black too. Also, once dry, it doesn't budge, crack or smudge in anyway either - a must for a good liquid liner, right?

MAC EXTENDED PLAY MASCARA - Whilst throughout this time of year most of us (myself included) will likely be reaching for a little something extra in the lash department most of the time - as I'll give a mention too after this - a mascara is still very much needed as a base layer, to blend lashes together or even just for a good lower lash moment. This one definitely is my favourite predominately for the latter - this is a great lower lash mascara! I've always struggled with mascaras smudging, transferring and flaking off on my lower lashes - until I finally tried this one. Once on, this mascara does. not. move. Seriously. It gives my lower lashes a tonne of length and really separates and fans them out nicely too - what more could you want?

FALSE LASHES - Finally, as I gave a little hint towards above, I just had to mention good ol' false lashes here, right? Whenever there's a special occasion, a night out (or I simply want my makeup to look extra, extra special) - I reach for a pair of falsies - and seeing as the festive/party season definitely ticks all of those boxes, I had to throw them in here! I've left this one more 'general' product-wise as honestly, I have a lot of favourite lash brands, ranges, styles and so on and it's also most definitely a personal thing as to what kind of lashes you like, want or suit you best so for this one I'm simply saying - go forth and whack your favourite pair of falsies on! I know I definitely will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS