navigation

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Beauty Reminders To Myself #6 #AllMonthApril


After last time's recap over the previous first five Beauty Reminders posts, this time I've going back to my usual format and starting with (hopefully) another five to come! If you're new round these parts and wondering just what these posts are all about - basically, every so often I sit down and tell you lot all about a beauty habit I'm wanting to remind myself to (re)instate or possibly kick to the kurb. You can see all my previous posts here, if you fancy. So what am I reminding myself of today?

Having a face in which redness (and dark circles) are quite prominent, I've tried many times to get into the whole 'colour correcting' thang. In simple terms, this means applying a colour directly on top of any areas of pigmentation on your skin that effectively neutralises it and cancels it out. Usually these two colours will be opposite on the colour wheel - so for redness you apply green on top to cancel it out and for dark circles you typically apply a yellow-toned corrector. Like I said, I've tried many times to get into this whole thing and when I have, I have to some extent reaped the benefits - with the finished result looking far more 'even' and dare I say 'flawless'?
 
I think you can all tell where this is heading, though. Yes, yes - I just never seem to manage to fully incorporate it into my routine. When I'm getting ready for a special event or somewhere I know I'll likely be photographed - I'll usually remember - but for everyday use, which is still important nevertheless, I just never seem to be able to 'remind' myself to use the vast range of correcting products I own. So, for this Beauty Reminders - I'm pledging to myself to get myself properly onto the colour correcting bandwagon.
 
What are you 'reminding' yourself to do, beauty-wise? Anything you always miss off your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS