navigation

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Disappointing Product - Seventeen Stay Time Concealer #AllMonthApril


Typically I like to keep Dainty Ditsy a fairly upbeat, happy place full of all of my loves and lusts; trying to stray away from any quibbles I have. However, having discovered a product recently that's certainly not taken my fancy in any way, I thought it may be therapeutic for me and hopefully useful for you lot if I share. I know most people usually do these kinds of posts/videos featuring a group of products they've been disappointed by, but as this kind of event is typically a rare occasion for me (#famouslastwords), today I am simply giving you the lowdown on one...

I heard on the grapevine a little while ago about this concealer, when another blogger mentioned how she hauled it as a change from the mass-beloved Collection Lasting Perfection - you know the one. She talked about how after trailing it out, she actually prefers it to the former and now wouldn't look back. Despite me being an avid fan of Collection's offering and finding it hard to picture myself loving any concealer as much as that one, one day in Boots when I needed to repurchase it and there was no tubes in my shade on the shelf, I betrayed and picked up a tube of Seventeen's Stay Time concealer.
 
On first glance the two look very much alike - both housed in almost-identical thin tubes with an accompanying doe-foot applicator. The two swatched side-by-side too appear quite similar, in that they both have creamy textures ideally formulated to work on anything from under the eyes to facial blemishes. However once actually applied on the skin, for me this is where the comparisons end.
 
Of course, as with any beauty product, this concealer may be someone's holy grail - just as the Lasting Perfection is for myself - but personally, Seventeen's offering just didn't float my boat. Unlike Collection concealer, this simply didn't pack enough punch on my skin for covering any of my imperfections. Whilst both creamy, the Stay Time I think is slightly more watery, and I think that's ultimately why me and this concealer did not get on. I have quite a bit of redness in various areas on my face and I found the Stay Time to require far more layers to actually get any coverage payoff, and even then the finish was not as I usually get from the Lasting Perfection.
 
It's a shame, as while the Collection concealer will always be a firm fave of mine, I am always on the hunt for other ones to try against it - but I'm afraid this just isn't the one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS