navigation

Monday 6 April 2015

Tried and Tested: Maybelline Lash Sensational #AllMonthApril


As I've documented many times before - I am a mascara whore. I love the stuff and happily slap on various ones I find in the depths of the drugstore. While I've found a gem or two over the years (The Falsies - I'm looking at ya), I never really find myself committing to one for more than just one tube at a time. I guess I'm on a continual hunt for the perfect mascara, convinced the newest tube to hit my basket will surpass all I've sampled before. But do you know what? I think I may have finally found one worthy of a repurchase...

Like I've said, I'm a big fan of Maybelline's The Falsies. It's probably the best of the drugstore mascaras I've tried, firing on virtually all cylinders; leaving me with full, voluminous lashes with not a clump in sight. If I had to criticise it, I'd say that it perhaps doesn't deliver as much on the length-front, but that aside - it's pretty darn good. I've also sampled their Rocket mascara before and also been impressed, with this one almost picking up where the Falsies leaves off; being big on separated lashes that perhaps don't hold as much volume, but definitely look far more long and fluttery. With this previous success in mind, when Maybelline announced their latest lash launch - Lash Sensational - I was intrigued and immediately put it down on my Lust List (as seen here) at the start of the year. Finally a few weeks ago the moment happened and I arrived back home with it in my hands and with my last mascara fully dried up - I was ready to go.
 
On first opening, the wand looked to me like a cross between that of the Falsies and the Rocket, with it being curved to perfectly hug your lashes like the former but plastic-based with short, spikey 'bristles' ala the latter. This straight away got my attention, as being a fan of both of these, surely a mascara featuring a brush that's basically a hybrid of the two was a sign of good things to come?
 
Spoiler alert: It was. With only a few swipes of this brush onto my lashes they were transformed into full, voluminous, super-long lashes that were so curled they were practically vertical and just separated enough to allow thickness without any annoying clumps. After just one coat I was practically done, a second just adding even more 'oomph' and 'OMG-can-my-lashes-get-any-bigger-ness'. Technical terms, people. I genuinely couldn't believe it. Normally for me, mascaras take at least a few uses before things really start happening and even with the Falsies, this was always the case. With this, in the first use I was already amazed by the results. Can I say amazing/amazed any more times in this paragraph? (I just did). As always with my mascara preferences, I chose the standard version (although I don't think I actually remember seeing a waterproof one) and by the end of the day, it was still there as I'd applied it - no smudging, flaking or loss of volume/length - something I can often find trouble with non-waterproof formulas. And of course the real good part? At the end of the day, everything was easy-peasy to remove. It's a winner on all counts.
 
As you may have guessed, I really can't say enough good things about this beauty. Like everything I've tried from Maybelline before in the lashes department, this fails to disappoint and if you're in the market for a new one to add to your makeup bag and love your lashes as I like to put it - 'false-looking but could still be natural' - this is a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS