navigation

Wednesday 13 May 2015

10 Top Picks From Superdrug


Seeing as we all know how much of a drugstore fangirl I am when it comes to my cosmetics - especially makeup - for today's post I thought I'd strip things back to basics (not like that, thank goodness) and list off a grand total of ten items I'd recommend picking up when you're next walking past a Superdrug branch. Yes, yes - I know I often pretty much solely focus on Boots round these parts - however believe it or not some brands actually vary between the two and so while the majority are the same, some can only be found in one or the other. Because of this, I'm planning on making this into a kind of two-parter - today's focusing on what you can only find in the depths of Superdrug, and the other for Boots. And with that (not so little) disclaimer out the way, let's get into it...

Superdrug Essential Sensitive Cleansing Facial Wipes - Ah, these old friends. If you're a regular round 'ere you'll know already of how much I love these. They're pretty much the only face wipes my skin can tolerate and whilst I may not reach for them as much as I did back a few years ago - I'm much more of a Micellar water gal now - I know they are always the ones I'd go back to and I always like to keep a spare pack stored away just in case.

Superdrug Vitamin E Leave-On Mask - Another from one of Superdrug's own brand ranges, and a more recent find this year, but one that's most definitely changed my skincare routine for the better. I used to be an exclusively Montagne Jeunesse gal when it came to my face masks - and then I tried this and for now, haven't looked back. The strange, almost gelly-like formula applies like a moisturiser, except for sitting on the skin as opposed to sinking in and so acting like a mask. It can be removed after a certain amount of time with a cotton pad, but I really love just leaving it on overnight and simply massaging in any leftover excess in the morning. My skin certainly thanks me for it.

MUA Eyeshadow Palettes (I love the 'Undress Me' and 'Undress Me Too' ones) - Moving onto makeup and probably my favourite budget, budget brand - MUA. All of their items come in at an incredibly reasonable price yet an incredibly good quality and these are no different. If you're in the market for a dupe for more luxurious palettes out there (Naked Palettes - I'm lookin' at ya), MUA is most likely to have something just like what you're looking for. They do an array of different ones ranging from more colourful to more neutral-based and surprise, surprise - these come under the latter. The shades in each of these are just lovely and can easily do you for daytime or evening-wear and the quality of the shadows are good enough to rival higher-end counterparts.

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter (I love the 'Pink Shimmer' shade) - More MUA loveliness. This is a perfect powder highlighter, both in formulation and shade. The 'Pink Shimmer' colour in particular is perfect as it just looks like a natural sheen on the skin - no strange icy whites or gold tones in sight -  and the formulation is very creamy and so almost sinks into the skin, adding to that natural effect. It also lasts a darn good amount of time - I've had mine for well over a year now and it still looks like I haven't even touched it.

MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Balms (I love the shade 'Coral Reef') - A more recent find from the brand, these lip balms are perfect for everyday wear. Whilst I admit out of the two, one shade was far more pigmented than the other peachier number, the former ('Coral Reef') is a stunning (you've guessed it) coral colour that just instantly perks up the lips and adds a nice pop of colour without being too in-yer-face. The texture is nice and hydrating on the lips and just adds the right amount of natural sheen to your pout.

MUA Lip Liners - Finally from good 'ole MUA - a proper bargain. With the whole Kylie Jenner craze that's been sweeping the beauty blogs recently, lip liners have really been getting some well-deserved air time and how can you say no to ones coming in at only £1? Pretty much every colour need is catered for here - from pinks to red to nudes - and there's even a clear one that can be paired with anything and everything. Double bargain

Zoella Beauty Fizz Bar - Ever since I first tried some of Zoe's bath and body range, this stood out for me clearly as my favourite of the bunch. A cool and unique concept (a bath bomb in bar form? Cray cray), you simply break as many cubes as you want off and drop them in your bath water to create a lovely, fizzy bath experience. The smell is just divine if you're a Palma Violets lover like me (mmm) and it really lingers even after you've emerged from your pampering sesh. Out of everything from her range, this would be the one I'd go back to and buy again.

Colab Dry Shampoo (I love the 'London' scent) - Another YouTube-related inclusion... I promise not just for that reason alone, I just really love the products! I always used to struggle finding a dry shampoo that really 'clicked' for me and just worked. Ones I'd try would always leave wither a nasty white chalky mess behind or sticky residue that actually made my hair feel more dirty. Not anymore. Ruth's collection aims to dispel those problems once and for all and it really does tick all the boxes. The super lightweight formula means it simply cleanses your hair without any noticeable looking or feeling finish and it comes in a wide variety of lush scents to suit every taste.
 
Tanya Burr Lipglosses (I love the shades 'Chic' and 'Picnic in the Park') - As more of a lipstick gal, when Tanya announced her range of lipglosses and nail polish back early last year, I expected the latter to float my boat more so and be in my possession right this moment. Oh how wrong I was. Fast forward to now and I currently have two of her lipgloss range in my drawers and I really do quite like them. If I'm honest, they're not something I reach for on a daily basis, and I know that's more to do with personal preference, but if you're a proper gloss-lover - you really will love these. The formula is shiny without being at all sticky and gloopy and the pigmentation is actually quite incredible considering the format - typically all the shades of one range look the same but in these Tanya has managed to make them really distinct from each other. Also, did I mention they smell of strawberries and cream? Delish.
 
Tanya Burr Individual Lashes - Finishing on an item I haven't yet mentioned round these parts just yet, but will be in fact popping up on this Friday's post (it may or may not be a 'Tried and Tested'... you heard it here first) - so if you really want to know my in-depth thoughts on these, you know where you need to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS