navigation

Monday 11 May 2015

Getting My Hands On That Elusive Rimmel Lip Liner...


 
No doubt if you're an avid beauty blog reader of all variations - you'll already know exactly what Rimmel lip liner I'm talking about here. Ever since Kylie Jenner got all pouty in her selfies on Instagram, this has received increasing press and surge in popularity for supposedly allowing you to achieve the same effect (although it was pretty clear to most from the start she'd used more than just makeup trickery - and it was finally confirmed just this week by Khloe).

Despite this, many still hyped this up hugely for being the best option minus the need to go under the knife, and so out of the hunt I went for it. However, just like its higher-end counterparts (MAC Soar - I'm lookin' at ya), this proved a harder task than imagined as every Boots or Superdrug I went into was completely out of stock. So I resorted to desperate measures, did some online perusing and sourced it out and now it's finally in my hands. Introducing - 'East End Snob'...

This dusky pink shade is perfect for replicating that classic Kylie 'pinky-brown' nude lip, with it being perfect used either just slightly over the lip line to over-draw and define, or coloured all over as a more bold, less contoured option. The formula is just creamy enough to apply easily yet waxy enough to not slip around where you don't want it to and last the whole day. Personally I love combining it with a slightly lighter nude lip liner in the centre of my lips to create that fuller pout, and a slick of lipstick or clear lipbalm over the top to add a bit more pigmentation or simply more shine. I loves it.

Definitely worth holding out for eventually! Do you own 'East End Snob'? If not, have I persuaded you to give it a look-in on your next trip to the Mothership (a.k.a. Boots/Superdrug)?

1 comment:

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS