navigation

Friday 8 May 2015

Polish Pick: Birthday Nails

 
As you'll have known if you read this post, on Wednesday I turned 18 (at last)! Like what is generally customary with any special event, I painted my nails all pretty - and now I'm here with a Polish Pick ready to unveil them to you lovely lot. And surprise, surprise - they're pink-themed...

Now before I created this masterpiece (ha), I'll admit I didn't know that much about just what I was planning on doing. I knew I wanted there to be a predominant pink hue running through them and there just had to glitter featured in there somewhere (of course) - and then I came up with these. The whole concept of the 'Ombre' nail that's been doing the rounds pretty much solidly for the past few years suddenly sprung into my head and the decision was made to give the 'look' a go using glitter, like some others have before.
 
As a base, I used a new shade of the Rimmel Salon Pro polishes that I picked up earlier in the week and had been eyeing up for a long time - 'Red Ginger' - a beautiful, rich, raspberry shade. One coat was more than enough, especially as I knew the tips were to be laden with glitter in not that long! I then went in with the sparkles and started with my Seventeen Nail Effects Gold Glitter and applied a thin coat, ensuring an even spread of glitter, starting from about half-way up the nail. I then, after leaving a good drying-time, went in with another coat, this time starting further up. I then just kept going in with the glitter higher and higher up towards the very tips of the nails until I'd built up enough to create a graduation effect. I then finished off the look with the Maybelline Color Show Rebel Bouquet Polish in 'Bouquet' to give the gold glitter a little more dimension, replicating the same technique for the 'Ombre' finish. And we're done!
 
All in all, a very simple technique but one that gives an effect very likely to bring up a 'haven't you spent a long time on your nails?' type question. And that is exactly why I loved it so much for my special day...

2 comments:

  1. They sound lovely, (also, late happy birthday!)

    Do you have a picture?

    Laura xo

    http://www.lauralopezbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thankyou! Yes, I've just uploaded one! Sorry it's took me a while to get back into things haha! Xx

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS