navigation

Monday 18 May 2015

A Girlie Afternoon Tea



For my birthday nearly a couple of weeks ago (how has that gone so fast, eh?!), I was lucky enough to be gifted an afternoon tea at The Assembly House in my city centre for a couple of Sunday's later with both my Sister's and my Mum. Being someone who over the last year has consumed quite the number of afternoon teas for varying reasons and enjoyed them all immensely, this was the perfect gift and I was more than a little excited for that Sunday afternoon to roll round...

Well yesterday it finally did and I can not express how much of a lovely time I had - in fact we all had. Firstly the setting was beautiful. My Sister mentioned how for her this venue stood out as 'The One' as it really does have that 'special' feeling to it as opposed to just being purely nice food - although let me assure you it definitely was that too, but more on that later. As soon as we approached the gardens, lined with high black metal gates and its own water feature, it really did feel as if we were approaching a building of regal status. Inside was even more stunning - high ceilings embossed with decoration, historic paintings and even crystal chandeliers. I felt like I was in a Disney film.

After being seated, out table complete with my very own '18th Birthday' balloon, we were offered a glass of champagne and presented with our menus. Not long later the food arrived and was it was everything I expected and more. Our afternoon tea came in a tiered platter - the lower for sandwiches, the middle for scones (fruit and cheese) and the top for cakes and mini desserts. It was all so delicious and we very easily polished everything on it off - plus a few extra sandwiches we were offered when we finished our first lot! In the midst of all this we were also offered tea or coffee - picking from their very extensive collection that did look rather overwhelming at first. I opted for the 'Cornucopia' fruit tea and received my own little pot of it to myself and it was probably one of the nicest berry fruit teas I've ever had and by the end of the afternoon I think you can guess - it was also demolished.

All in all, a very lovely afternoon spent in one of the most beautiful settings I've ever had the pleasure of being in, with some of the tastiest food and some of my most special people. I'm a very happy girly right now.

P.S. Anyone wanna count how many times I've said the word 'lovely' in this post? I'm guessing probably in the double-figure region...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS