navigation

Monday 31 August 2015

August: Loves and Lusts #AllMonthAugust


August has come to a close (already?) so you all know what's coming next... It's 'Loves and Lusts' time again! If you're new round these parts of the Interwebz then I'll link up my other seven posts of this style I've done so far here so you can get a feel for how things work. If you're more of a regular reader though, I'm sure you know the deal by now, eh? Let's get started...

What I've Loved:

Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Day and Night Creams - Despite being a massive fan of the Nivea Sensitive Day and Night Creams for some time now, I fancied a change (typical beauty blogger, eh?) so plumped for this duo to use instead and oh my am I impressed. It's a similar deal - both very hydrating on the skin, yet dry down quickly to leave no greasy residue - and in the case of the day cream - a perfect base for makeup. Having skin of the more sensitive variety, sometimes skincare products can cause flare-up's, but these have luckily caused me no problems so far - so all in all, I'm a very happy bunny indeed. Here's a more in-depth review if you fancy it.

Soap and Glory 'Sugar Crush' Bodyspray - Moving onto the topic of fragrance and this month has to be the month for it. I mentioned way back at the start of #AllMonthAugust how much I loved the 'Dolce' by Dolce and Gabbana perfume, then went on to mention two more that I managed to discover over the past few weeks. One of these was this bodyspray from one of my all-time faves - Soap and Glory - in this post. I love their bodycare range, and too love a few makeup items from them, but I'd never before sample any of their fragrance line. I'd noticed a few months back how they were expanding their line to include a bodyspray and perfume corresponding to each of their scents they use for their body range. It was inevitably gonna happen sometime, and I guess the time was now as I picked up the 'Sugar Crush' bodyspray in this trip to Boots a few weeks back. I love, love, LOVE this scent for their bodycare items so had high hopes and I wasn't disappointed. The scent is identical to that of the other products from the line I already own and it's just as delicious-smelling and the scent really does hold-up all day long. Mmmmmm.

Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' Eau De Toilette - Finally from the scent department, we have an actual perfume and one I'd also eyed-up for some time previously. I knew my beloved 'Dolce' was soon to come to its end so wanted to pick up another different perfume as its replacement (I'd already gone through two bottles of the 'Dolce' so fancied a change - #StandardBeautyBloggerBehaviour strikes again). If I'm honest, I'd kinda had this perfume in mind for a while - for two reasons predominantly. Firstly - would you just look at the bottle. A sleek design adorned with flowers - it couldn't be anymore up my street. I ain't called 'Dainty Ditsy' for nothin', yanno. Moving onto the scent itself though, and that is equally gorgeous. A floral affair paired with musky tones to mute everything down a tad and give it more of a 'sexy' and wearable vibe. Can you tell I love this yet? Here's the full review if you fancy a look.

Soap and Glory 'Solar Powder' Bronzer - Moving onto makeup and this month was the time when I finally got my hands on an updated version of my already long-time fave, the 'Solar Powder' Bronzer. Like I said, it was way back at the start of this year when I first fell in love with this stuff and it's only recently that the old cardboard housing was fazed out for a more sleek, stable and cleaner plastic-based design. The product inside is still the same however, and remains my top pick for warming up my complexion or even contouring alike. I'm just darn glad - as I'm sure most others are - that it's finally been given a well-deserved makeover.

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer - Staying within the makeup category and specifically the cheek department - we have this and oh me oh my do I LOVE this stuff. I think it may even be my most favourite favourite of the whole of August's bunch - and that certainly is a  bold claim. Again, it's been on my hit list for a while now and it was only after Meg (from Meg Says)'s YouTube video in which she used in on camera that I fully fell head over heels and placed that Feel Unique order. And am I darn glad I did. This is probably the best highlighter I've ever used - a perfect champagne tone with golden undertones to add warmth along with serious glow - and the pigmentation of this stuff is just all kinds of awesome. You literally only need a tiny amount on your brush to give an insane colour payoff. *Inserts all the heart-eyed emojis*
Real Techniques Fan Brush - Pairing with the above beauty has been this offering from my favourite brush brand - of course, Real Techniques. I'd never owned a fan-type brush before so it took me a while to get the hang of it but now I have I'm loving it. It just makes highlighting even easier and with an even more natural, 'My Skin Really Is That Glowy' effect. As with all RT tools, the quality is amazing considering the price tag and it's super, super-soft too and it washes up as well as it applies so all in all its a good'un.

Maybelline 'The Falsies' + 'The Rocket' - Finally for this month's 'Loves' we have a new mascara combo that I've well and truly been 'loving' these past few weeks. Separately, I love these two lash offerings, but together? It's a match made in heaven. The lengthening and separating properties of 'The Rocket' is met with the thickening, volumising features of 'The Falsies' and combines to create a lash look that just offers the best of everything and more. I likes it a lot.

What I'd Love To Have:

The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner - Both £4.50 - I recall these two popping up in another video from another lovely gal (I can't for the life of me remember who, sorry!) but it was this month that the gorgeous Amy Farquhar mentioned the range in a video of hers that I listened up for real this time and properly took note. And so here I am, publically documenting it for the world (or at least the readers of this blog) to see and I think when my current duo on rotation bite the dust I may just have to pick these up...

Tanya Burr Cosmetics (New and Updated Range) - Ranging from £4.99-£6.00 - There's certainly something in the water this month, with lots of going-ons in the social media world, and especially so with a couple of gorgeous launches from two equally-gorgeous gals bases within in. One of these comes from the lovely Tanya Burr, who both announced and launched a New and Updated Cosmetics Range. This time she's branched out again and added some eyeshadow palettes and eyebrow kit to her brand, along with both updating and repackaging her original line of nail polishes, lip glosses and false lashes - and oh my is it all so dreamy. I literally want it all. I'd expect a Haul/First Impressions very very soon...

Fleur De Force Eylure Lashes - Ranging from £5.25-£6.95 - Another launch in the online community is the release of Fleur from Fleur De Force's new false lashes. She's teamed up with Eylure - probably the most well-recognised brand in that area - to drop a line of four lashes to cater for everyone. Ranging from everyday-friendly to individuals, they all look super-lovely and I'm already eyeing up (geddit?) a pack or two as we speak. Well Done Fleur!

Collection Highlight and Sculpt Contour Kit - £4.19 (Currently on offer for £2.99 in Superdrug!) - I mentioned in yesterday's post how I recently went to my local seaside town with my Parentals to have a little browse round (and of course feast on some Fish and Chips) and of course I popped into the Superdrug branch to have a peruse and discovered a tester for this. I recall Grace from UglyFaceOfBeauty talking about this as a upcoming product towards the end of August a while back and mentally taking note, but I guess I either missed its recent release date, or that branch are simply ahead of the game and it's yet to make its way to my hometown store. Anyway, I love the look of this. A simple kit with a warm contour shade/bronzer and a frosty highlight - it reminds me a lot of the Sleek one that everyone went cray cray for a few years back but of course being Collection, it's even more affordable. 

Barry M Speedy Nail Paints (New Shades) - £3.99 - Another launch I spotted in that particular branch of Superdrug was a few new shades to Barry M's popular Speedy Nail Paint line. It seems they began with their pastel-y Spring colours, transitioned to some bright pops of colour for the Summer and are now coming out with darker, richer hues aimed at the cooler Autumnal months. And oh boy am I feeling it. I'm so hoping they've made their way to the store in my hometown by the time I next take a trip to the city centre as I feel there are a few that are just calling out to be added to my already-extensive collection.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - £7.99 - When I started properly to get into makeup and specifically - foundation - this was the first one I plumped when standing in the aisles of Boots completely dumfounded for all those years back. Then I happened to go past a Rimmel stand recently and noticed it's had a bit of an update packaging-wise and I guess it's kinda made me want to give it a go again - Would I like it as much as before? PS. I've got a sneaky feeling the answer to that may well still be 'Yes' as I seem to remember the formulation and finish being quite comparable to my current love, their Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - so perhaps I will pick one up again sometime soon...

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel - £28.00 -

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS