navigation

Friday 21 August 2015

Disappointing Product - Essie Leave No Trace Glitter Nail Polish Remover #AllMonthAugust

 
I mentioned back in this post how I recently made my way to the Essie stand and picked up my first-ever product from them (I know, I know - late to the party). And - shock horror - it wasn't a nail polish! In fact, I made a beeline towards their nail care collection, putting their 'Leave No Trace Glitter Nail Polish Remover' into my basket after seeing it featured in a haul of Anna's (ViviannaDoesMakeup) a few weeks back and instantly mentally adding it to my 'to buy' list. Like most gals, I love my glitter nail polish (especially around Christmas-time). What I don't like, though, is the removal process. I found a way round it sometime last year, thanks to Lily's recommendation of using some remover-soaked cotton wool wrapped around your nail and covered with tin foil as a way of finally saying bye-bye easily to the stuff - but I wanted a better, less-hassle option. However, I'm afraid to say it didn't go exactly to plan...

Yesterday, the time finally came for me to give this stuff a test-drive - after harbouring it for so long, simply due to the fact that the opportunity to remove any glittery lacquer never arose. But, as you'd have seen in this post - I recently made my nails all 'Barbie Glitterati', so of course when the time came to remove it - out the Essie Remover came. I quickly scanned the back for a 'How-To' and saw that it said to apply a pea-sized amount of the product (it dispenses in a little nozzle-type thing) to the nail and leave for 30 seconds before massaging the scrub-like formula in - removing any sparkles in the process. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out like that. I decided to work one nail at a time, in order to hopefully minimise any mess, but after putting some onto my thumbnail and leaving it to soak in - I tried to massage away, but found no way, hosay was this glitter coming off. I wiped it all away as suggested, and practically nothing had made its way off my nail (apart from most of the plain pink polish underneath which, after the massaging process, had spread itself pretty much everywhere - so much for minimising mess, eh). I went back in for a second attempt - which also resulted in next-to-no removal of the glitter itself - but again, plenty of the plain polish happily wiped away and migrated round my fingers/hands. It seemed the remover was simply wiping round any polish as opposed to removing it effectively and efficiently like I was led to believe it would.

After a few other attempts on some of my other nails on my left hand - I admitted defeat, put my (messy, pink-tinted) hands in the air and gave up and went trotting on back to the original and best classic remover formula. Surprisingly, the whole tin foil process - which I always thought at the time was a little OTT and extensive for what it was actually meant to be doing - provided a far cleaner, less-fuss procedure than Essie's offering. I know - shocker! So I guess what the moral of this rather-long story is - if you see the Leave No Trace Glitter Remover on an Essie stand near you sometime in the future - don't get your hopes up and think you've finally found an answer to the pain of glitter-sprinkled nails. I'm afraid the hunt is still on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS