navigation

Saturday 22 August 2015

Tried and Tested: Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Day/Night Creams #AllMonthAugust


You'll know if you've been an avid reader of Dainty Ditsy for some time that I've been a lover of the Nivea Sensitive Skincare Range for a good while now. I discovered the Day and Night Creams sometime back last year, and have enjoyed and used them ever since. Being a gal with skin veering on the vulnerable side - finding skincare that doesn't make it freak out can prove a darn hard task - so it's no wonder that as soon as those two got given the thumbs up I repurchased, and repurchased and repurchased them. However, just like your typical beauty blogger/fanatic, I fancied a change and wanted to try something new and exciting as opposed to simply retreating back to Nivea once again after my last duo got all used up. So, after a good bit of deliberation in the aisles of Boots (all which I reported on in this post) I decided on the Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Day and Night Creams. And, after giving them a good test-drive - here are my thoughts...

As established back when I first gave the Nivea duo a go, I like my moisturisers to be rich and hydrating (as my skin can also be quite dry as well as darn sensitive) so for me - hydration is one of the first things I like to mentally 'tick off' my list. However, whilst I like the moisture-element to be high, I don't like this to mean a compromise in formula. I like my creams to be fairly lightweight on the skin, almost feel like there's nothing on my face at all - and of course, make for little-to-no disruption to any makeup application afterwards. Nivea's always did that for me, and I have to admit this new duo from Simple score pretty well on those requirements too.

If I'm honest, the two creams each brand offers have little differences. They both, like I said, follow all the above wishes pretty closely and don't have an adverse reaction to my sensitive soul-like skin (which is probably the most important necessity of them all). However, as Simple proudly proclaim - theirs offers a fragrance-free formula - something which I never found to be the case with Nivea. This doesn't particularly bother me much either way as I never found the scent of Nivea's to cause any discomfort skin-wise, but of course it could be a personal preference for some. A slightly less essential factor, but one still worth noting - Nivea's are housed in a conventional and perhaps more handy squeezy tube, whilst Simple's versions reside in a 'simple' (ya geddit?) tub.

For me, these two run pretty close together in terms of similarities and that's exactly why this new duo from Simple get the big green-light from yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS