navigation

Monday 8 May 2017

Polish Pick: Birthday Nails


So, as I may have mentioned, yesterday was infact my birthday! Woop! I am now 20 years old and I kinda don't really know how that happened but anyway, I figured I'd show you what I lacquered my nails up with for the occasion - seeing as in my last post I gave you a little rundown of what I was planning on slapping onto my face for the day/night too. Unsurprisingly, it features some pinky tones and a lot of glitter thrown in for good measure too. I mean, I just had to...

First off, I started by applying a couple of coats of one of my newest lacquer loves - Barry M's Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Pink Ice'. This gorgeous, true rose gold is just stunning on the nails - super reflective and metallic and with a really intense, statement finish. Obviously, it could easily be worn alone, but seeing as it was for my birthday, I wanted to add something extra special and so went down the classic, 'throw on a tonne of glitter and hope for the best' route. You can't go wrong with some sparkle and sticking with the rosey theme, I plumped for a good coat (or two) of Essie's Nail Polish in 'A Cut Above'. This is still very much within the same rose gold-type family, but is just a tad bit pinkier and so adds a nice touch of dimension and pop of colour to the look. Unlike a lot of others on the market, this glitter has quite a good amount of coverage so really only requires one light layer to build up the effect you're after and I love the random effect the varying sizes of glitter flecks gives too. All in all, I was more than happy with these for my special day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS