navigation

Wednesday 12 December 2018

2017 Favourites - Revisited... #DitsyDecember


Over time, your tastes change - and that especially true when it comes to beauty products. It's natural that whilst at on point you might totally adore a product, before long you could easily find something new that's just as good, if not better - and so, it replaces it in your routine. And that's exactly what this post is all about. A few years ago, the lovely Lily Pebbles did a pot on her blog all about revisiting her yearly favourites round-up of the year before, to see what had changed, on year on and ever since, I've been doing the same on my blog - as you can see in my previous posts like this, here, here and here. And this year is no different - get ready to revisit my 2017 Favourites, before I do my 2018 round-up early next year...

Starting with Makeup, this time last year I was a fan of the Maybelline Superstay 24HR Primer, but this year I've kind of moved back to an old favourite. I've also definitely found a new foundation that has replaced the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation (though that certainly is still a favourite of mine) - and I'm sure you can probably guess what one it is. I really don't use the Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Correctors as much as I did this time, last year unfortunately and though the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is still a favourite of mine, I've definitely found something new (again, I think you can perhaps guess what) that I love just as much, if not even more. This year, I've found a brand new translucent setting powder to 'bake' my face that has kinda knocked the Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder out of the park and having tried so many different bronzers in 2018, I guess it's no big surprise that I have one or two that could easily take the 'Favourite Bronzer' title from its current owner - the Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in 'Sun Kissed'. Though the Soph X Revolution Highlighter Palette is still an absolute stand-out favourite in my collection, we all know I love trying out new glow-givers, so I definitely have a few that I've found in 2018 that I think have overtaken it - at least for now. I've gone back to an old favourite brow gel - meaning the Essence Make Me Brow Brow Gel in '02 Browny Brows' has been relegated - and perhaps for the biggest shock of this whole post - I have finally found a new eye primer/base that has knocked my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion off its top spot. I know, I know. Once again, the Soph X Revolution Eyeshadow Palette is still a top pick in my eye palette stash, but I think there perhaps a few which I've found throughout 2018 that have perhaps replaced my love for it a little - one being very similar indeed. Mascara-wise, I try out new ones all of the damn time so I guess it's no big shock that the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara has been replaced, though I definitely could still see myself coming back to that one again at some point. Finally, for Lips, I still adore the Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liners of course, but I have a new brand that I love maybe even more so for my lip liners and  again, whilst I still love the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipstick in 'Bear Hug', I definitely have a lot of other new nude lipstick loves that I've found throughout the past year that have meant I've used it a lot less recently. I also think I might have a few different styles of lashes that have meant my beloved Fleur De Force X Eylure 'Fleur and Fabulous Lashes' isn't my favourite, favourite anymore...

Then, we come to Nails and as always, whilst obviously the colours in question have changed, my brand favourites have basically stayed the same. Tools-wise, again there really hasn't been many, or any changes in particular - except for the Barry M Plumpy Hi-Shine Gelly Top Coat, which has definitely been replaced this year, with another top coat by Barry M, nevertheless! Actually, a lot my tools in general have basically stayed identical - and that definitely applies to my makeup brushes. If anything, the only thing that has really changed is what I use to clean them - the The Pro Hygiene Collection Antibacterial Makeup Spray has definitely been replaced in recent months!

Last, but certainly by no means least - what I like to title 'The Best Of The Rest'. And for this, I'm basically talking the likes of Bodycare, Haircare, Skincare and so on. Starting with Body, I haven't really been using as much of the Soap and Glory 'Calm One, Calm All' Bubble Bath as much anymore, or the Zoella Beauty Jelly and Gelato 'Shower Shake' Moisturising Body Wash - I actually have a new favourite that's very similar, also from Zoella Beauty! I also have a new favourite body butter/lotion/whatever - knocking my old fave, Soap and Glory's 'The Righteous Butter' Body Butter' off its top spot. Haircare-wise, I only have one big change! Would you believe it? Although the dry shampoos from COLAB are still an absolute favourite of mine, their Dry Shampoo in 'Paradise' is no longer my go-to dry shampoo! Last, but certainly not least, we come to Skincare and again, I would say a lot of the products have stayed the same, there are a couple of changes. I've found a new favourite day and night cream combination that's replaced the Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day and Night Creams and I've also gone back to an old (and very similar) favourite that's replaced the L'Oreal Pure Clay Bright Face Mask. And I think that's about it!

So there we have it - revisiting my yearly favourites of last year, seeing what's changed one year on! I love doing this style of post, being able to reflect on everything I was loving this time, last year and seeing what's been switched out for different products - and I hope you enjoyed it too! As I said, get ready for an as-always bumper yearly favourites in the New Year where I can talk all about just what has bumped a few of the above products mentioned out of their top spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS