navigation

Monday 22 October 2018

Autumn Bolds...



You can't go wrong with a good bold, deep, dark lip in Autumn - right? You may remember that a little while ago, I did this post here where I detailed all of my current go-to nude lippies for the upcoming Autumnal months but personally, I definitely like to rock a deeper, bolder lip once Autumn/Winter rolls around so I figured - why not share some of my favourites with you all? I actually did a post very similar to this around the same time last year here, but there's been some changes since then and some aren't as typical berry-toned as that previous post focused on. So here we have it - some are old classics, others are newer additions but they're all awesome nevertheless and I'd highly suggest you pick them up if you haven't already...

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'PIONEER' - A colour I discovered - and became obsessed with soon after - around this time last year, I can see myself reaching for it continually all over again this time around too. A deep, burgundy-red that's super pretty on the lips and very Autumnal-like too - and with a kick-ass formula that fully dries down, yet retains its shiny, lacquer-like finish - what's not to love?

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'FIRE STARTER' - Talking of red lips, I mean, I just had to mention more of a true, Autumnal-type red somewhere, right? As I said, this one from Rimmel is more of your classic rouge, but its slightly deeper undertone makes it the perfect type of red for the current season, in my opinion. Again, these liquid lipsticks from Rimmel are so, so good and this colour in particular is a real favourite of mine. Applies rich in colour in one coat, dries down to a fully-matte finish and lasts pretty well throughout the day!

WET N WILD LIQUID CATSUIT MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'BERRY RECOGNIZE' - Now, this one's definitely a more recent addition to my line-up of Autumnal lip loves (as you would have seen in this post I did not too long ago) but I can already tell it's a new favourite of mine. I was so excited to finally try out these much-raved-about liquid lipsticks from Wet 'N' Wild and this was one of the shades I picked up to do so. And you know what? I most definitely can see what all the fuss is about. The formula's awesome - super lightweight and thin, yet applies fully pigmented in one coat and quickly dries down to a fully matte finish that doesn't move - and the gorgeous rich, deep berry purple colour is equally so. It's just deep enough in tone and the undertone is super flattering on the lips too!
MUA VELVET LIP LACQUER IN 'DASH' - Another berry lip that's just perfect for Autumn, from first look you might assume this one to be similar to the above from Wet 'N' Wild but actually, it is kinda different. They're both berry tones, but this one from MUA is certainly a little warmer in tone, a little brighter and also more pink-toned as opposed to the purple-y finish of Wet 'N' Wild's offering. So, if you're after something a little more bright and vibrant as opposed to deeper and vampy-ish, this one from MUA might be the one for you...

SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAM IN 'VELVET SLIPPER' - Another favourite lip formula is these liquid lips from Sleek and this colour is another awesome go-to for Autumn. This colour is a little deeper in tone and a little more 'purple' rather than 'mauve' compared to the above offering from Wet 'N' Wild and I really rather like it. As you probably already well know, Sleek's liquid lips are another of my top formulations and this colour is no exception from that statement - it applies fully opaque in one coat, dries down quickly and has that powdery-matte finish that is still not too drying on the lips and lasts for ages. You get the gist by now of what I love in a liquid lip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS