navigation

Saturday 15 December 2018

Empties #29 #DitsyDecember


It's time to round up all of the empty beauty products again! With Christmas just round the corner and my bag of empties piling up, I thought I better clear things out before the New Year - so here we are, with my final edition for 2018! There's a right mix this time - let's just take a closer look, yeah?

ZOELLA BEAUTY SPLASH BOTANICS BOTANIC'EAU BODY MIST - I got the chance the try one of Zoe's infamous body mists at last earlier this year when her 'Splash Botanics' Range launched - and I guess I can finally see what all the fuss is about. I love the scent of this range - very floral and not too sweet - and it really translates well when in body spray form. It's strong, but not too overpowering and I find a few spritzes of this stuff lasts pretty well through the day before needing a top-up too. I'll definitely be keeping these in-mind from now on if I ever need/want a body spray to use instead of my perfume...

BEING BY SANCTUARY SPA CHILLI MANGO AND TONKA BEAN BODY SCRUB - I'm usually all about Soap and Glory when it comes to body scrubs, but last time I was in need of a new one I decided to try something different and came to this brand - and I'm pretty glad I did! Not only does this scrub smell delicious, it really does work well too. It's 'scrubby' enough to get the job done and actually buff away dead skin cells quickly and effectively, but it's also creamy and moisturising enough to not be at all harsh or aggravating on my skin in anyway. It's the best of both worked basically and I'm really happy I gave it a go. Who knows, I may come back to it (or one of their other body scrubs) again?

BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO IN 'BARE' - Nowadays, I'm usually a COLAB type of gal when it comes to my dry shampoo, but I do sometimes go back to my old faithful Batiste - hence why this bottle has made its way into my Empties! And actually, I think this one is perhaps my favourite I've tried from the brand. The scent is so soft and almost undetectable and especially when used on the hair, it's not too overpowering - which personally, I always like in a dry shampoo. I just want it to do the job well, not as much leave it with a strong fragrance and this one definitely ticks those boxes. It really helps to take away any greasiness in my hair and extend my wash for one more day, but the formula is also pretty lightweight and doesn't make my hair feel too product-laden either.

OGX WEIGHTLESS HYDRATION COCONUT WATER OIL - Another haircare empty product comes in the from of this 'dry oil' from OGX. Having dry, bleached-blonde hair that I also use heat on frequently, I am all about treatments and trying to take care of my tresses as best as I can and one of the ways I like to do that is before and after washing my hair. And honestly, this is a pretty good one. I always give my hair a good ol' spritz of this before and after blow-drying my hair and I really do find it makes my hair so, so soft, smooth and shiny too. I'm actually trying out another one of these oils from one of their other ranges at the moment and I really think I've found a good'un when it comes to this formula...

MAC EXTENDED PLAY MASCARA - Lastly, a makeup item! It's not often that makeup features in a post like this (what with it typically not being the sort of thing you go through as often - and also me having a lot of it too) but if there is one product that does crop up a lot more - it's mascara! And ever since picking this one up around this time, last year, it's now my new favourite for lower lashes. Yes, I know, I've had it for almost an entire year and it may not be the most sanitary, but seeing as I don't use a lot of it at a time, it really has lasted that long - and I also kinda wanted it to last as long as possible, as it's a little more on the pricier side of things. I promise I replace my regular mascaras more often! Beforehand, I'd always find that most mascaras would smudge or transfer on my lower lashes - until I tried this one. I'd always heard amazing things about how this is one of the best to use for them, and they sure ain't wrong. This stuff stays on my lower lashes, with no issues at all, all day or night long. It's also super black and makes my lashes look so long and thick, but still separated out too. All in all, this is my new go-to for my lower lashes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS