navigation

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Top Beauty Brands Of 2018... #DitsyDecember


Over time, through picking up and trying various different products out, I inevitably try different brands out too. I have my old favourites that I've used for years and always come back to, but not only that, I really enjoy finding, or simply just trying out new brands I haven't before aswell. This year, I've kind of done a mixture of both of those things - sticking with my old faithfuls and also sampling new brands too - and so, I though today I've compile all of my favourite, go-to beauty brands of this past year. Whether it be a brand I've used before and have simply been using and loving a lot of throughout 2018, or one that's new (or at least, new to me) and I've quickly fell in love with. Let's go...

OGX - Ever since finding my holy grail Shampoo and Conditioner duo back at the very start of 2018 in January, I have been fully in love with OGX. I mean, I first tried and fell in love with the brand a couple of years before, but I really feel like this year I have properly cemented them as a staple in my haircare routine. Their Hydrate and Colour Reviving + Lavender Luminescent Platinum Collection is my favourite range I've ever used from them and works perfectly for my bleached blonde, long tresses and their Weightless Dry Oils are also something that I always try to keep on-hand in my stash too.

REVOLUTION - Ahh, the perhaps most obvious one, I know, but I just had to give them a mention nevertheless. Revolution have definitely been one of my most bought, tried, used - you name it - beauty brands of this past year. Last year I think I started to use their products more and ever since, it's built up to now. My growing love, combined with the fact that they release products all the damn time mean over this past year, I've sampled and used a lot of their products. In 2018 alone, I've tried their infamous Conceal and Define Concealer - and later, the matching foundation - numerous palettes, highlighters and their first proper mascara, to name but a few. And you know what? I've loved pretty much all of them.

BARRY M - When I think about it, one brand that I've really used a lot of - and enjoyed a lot of too - throughout 2018, is Barry M. Though they used to predominately be my go-to for all things nails, over time I've become a major fan of their makeup too. Don't get me wrong, I still adore all of their nail range - and that definitely has been a staple in 2018 - but I really feel like I have been using a lot more of their makeup this past year too. I've loved their matte liquid lipsticks for a while now (they remain one of, if not my favourite matte liquid lip formulas), but this year I've also become obsessed with their liquid glitter eyeshadows too. Like, literally obsessed. Their lip scrub is also pretty damn good too - and it has most definitely become a staple in my routine!

WET 'N' WILD - This brand I actually tried for the very first time in 2018 and have loved is so much that I had to feature it in this post! Their matte liquid lipsticks have fast become one of my new favourite formulas and also most used, what with the colours I picked up being very Autumn/Winter appropriate too. The 'Bare It All' Lipstick is a great everyday nude colour, with a gorgeous satin formula and their highlighters are so awesome too, giving such an intense, blinding, wet-like glow on the skin. And what's even better? Everything is so affordable. I can't wait to try even more..

ZOELLA BEAUTY - Finally, I had to finish up on a brand that I've loved and used a lot of for years, but I feel I've really enjoyed even more so throughout 2018. Their annual Summer Range for this year was possibly my favourite one so far and I've also been using a lot of old favourites in my routine too. Basically, when it comes to all things Bodycare, Zoella Beauty has been where it's been at this past year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS